s-10 project rat

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streetrodman

Hey everybody.
Was wondering if anyone has dropped any old school truck cabs on a newer S-10 frame and driveline? I am looking to build a daily driving rat of this type. Wondered what would be the best body/cab selection you would recommend.
Advice from the experts would be helpful.

Streetrodman

Lakota!

Lakota had a good thread putting a Ford F-100 on a S-10 chassis. I tried to fine it on here but guess it must have been on KB,

BoB

As Bonehead said - keep fenders on it. Open wheel S10 rats usually look out of proportion in the front and the IFS is just plain ugly. Seeing what you can do, you might be able to come up with something! I've always heard the Chevy cabs are easier to sit than the others - mounts line up better. They have a lot of kick up in the rear, but that shouldn't be a problem for a rat.

Search it out, S10 frame swaps are very popular on a lot of vehicles.

I used a mid 70's Datsun frame. They look and measure identical to a 32' Ford. Plus it is a factory fully boxed frame. Alot narrower than the S-10. You could actually remove the IFS and run a straight axle. They are also torsion bar in front - so easy to drop.

one nice point with going with the s10 frame swap people often overlook is that with swaping out the rearend for a blazer model you can get four wheel disk.

Latest posts

Back