Sad day here.......we lost our best bud "Toby"

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a sad sad day when you lose a pet. We lost one this year, and that trip to the vet was one of the hardest things I have had to do. Remember the reason some one leaves your life is to make room for some one else.

There is no question that non pet lovers look at guys like us and think we are nuts or weak for feeling so bad when one of our little buddies dies, but we who do love them understand completely. I have sobbed like a baby when Scooter and Sniffy had to be put to sleep. I still tear up when certain things they did come to mind or I see a picture of them.

You are right that no other cat was like Toby, each one has their own personallity and funny little tricks. We have about 8 or 10 that come around to the shop every night and some of them become closer to us than others. We have had some come into the shop and have a favorite towel they like to lay on, or a toy they play with.

I guess the one thing all of us who have lost a beloved pet has to keep in mind is that for a while we gave him or her a safe, loving home and in return they made us laugh and gave us unconditional love.

Don

There are a lot of great people on here. When i lost my dog a few years ago I brought it up here, everyone made me feel better. I bawled like a baby too Don and am not ashamed to admit it.

Sorry to hear about Toby. I've had the same thing happen to two of my cats and it is an emergency.
You gave him a much better and longer life than he would have had as a stray...I know it's hard but hope you can take some comfort in that fact.

Glenn

Latest posts

Back