sarcastic rods?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

workin class

I have run into guys who are now building Art type rods over done in your face shock rods. There point is to try to pass them off as rat rods. My question is are they rat rods or just guys trying to be a holes because the
y can? Damn I wish I was better at posting pics from other sites!

Well I would say he has too much time on his hands and that's a waste of an old car body. If it doesn't run, it's useless in my opinion.

He'll get tired of explaining what the heck it is, and the purpose of it, real quick. The rat rod guys won't like him, the chainers may think its funny, but all of them will think it's a waste of time.

The point..

The point of hot rods, rat rods, street rods, shock rods etc.. is, there is no point. The basic rule, is there isn't any rules.. That is my appeal to rods, rat rods specifically. Are there some (even many) I personally don't like? Sure there are. Some that irritate the hell out of me to look at, and I question what the hell was that guy/gal thinking? But, the point is, it's theirs, they built it, and may, or many not be proud of it. Not everyone agrees with my builds. The problems I have had in the past with home owners associations, and neighbors looking at some of my old rods in the driveway, man, I can't count. Does an extreme, or irritating rod offend me? Hell no, how can it, (unless they paint on the side "Tudor sucks eggs". ) I see some, that I actually don't like, but at the same time, admire the craftsmanship, or creativity. Would I own it? No, but, I may or many not like to look it over..
It's the hobby. Good or bad, if you are a part of the culture, you have to put up with it. (I think back a few weeks ago about the Vette/Dodge truck monster).

There are always people who try to stand out,good or bad.Thats part of any hobby or profession. Some peoples work stand out because its way better then average and some ,like this car goes in the below average section. Yet some people like it and get all excited over stuff like that.I dont really look at that stuff or waste my time worrying about it.Everybody can do what they want.

I have a buddy that eats that stuff up. There was a car at a show we went to that had junk hanging all over it and he was in awe. I moved on to the next. Theres one, or two, in every crowd.
If the guy built that car as a joke Id say the jokes on him for wasting that much time and money to put it together.

The negative sentiment being expressed here is the same thing you hear from folks who cant stand a "legitimate " rat - what ever that is . Were starting to sound like the HAMB here . Like it-look at it . Don't like it -move on . I personaly like them , they came along just in time , as the cookie cutter cars were not very exciting too look at any more .

Not my cup of tea, but I can respect the builder for following thru with his own style. Kinda reminds me of some old toys I used to have, big and garish, overdone. My 8 year old son would love it but its personally not for me.

The negative sentiment being expressed here is the same thing you hear from folks who cant stand a "legitimate " rat - what ever that is . Were starting to sound like the HAMB here . Like it-look at it . Don't like it -move on . I personaly like them , they came along just in time , as the cookie cutter cars were not very exciting too look at any more .

Couldn't agree more....Just let it roll off your back like water off a duck.:D

ratrod

:cool:That is the type of ratrod that give alot of people the idea that ratrods are just thrown together pieces of crap.To each his own,hell I have even seen 32 Fords I didn"t care for but hell opinions are something that everybody has but if everybody was the same how boring would that be.Kind of like going to a corvette show 1-2-3- 4th car is boring.:cool:

Actually the car doesn't look much different than many cars that a lot of people here think are cool. We have a whole bunch of members who like extremes, even extremely retarded sometimes IMHO. Now we have another class so we can look down our noses like some of the "traditional" guys look at us now.

The HAMB is the place to pick apart people,s hot rods. I feel at home here or at least I thought I did. Some people walk down the road of criticism, expecting others to follow. If there is a standard for rat rod building then please post a picture of the ideal rat rod so we can see where we are going wrong, then again I will still do it my way.

Almost got my next rat done . Just got to fill in a few parts . So far I have about 1 hour of time in it . Never mind under $3000 i'm going for under 24 hours . This rat building is easier than i thought .

Attachments

• 32 cab and frame 001.jpg
    32 cab and frame 001.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 32 cab and frame 002.jpg
    32 cab and frame 002.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 47
  • 32 cab and frame 003.jpg
    32 cab and frame 003.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 41
Call it..

Almost got my next rat done . Just got to fill in a few parts . So far I have about 1 hour of time in it . Never mind under $3000 i'm going for under 24 hours . This rat building is easier than i thought .

Bare Bones... [;)

Not big on the motor box thing. Like the pipes. Like how the rear wheels are tucked in the body. Don't like how the rear wheels are rubbing on the body?! If it isn't safe, it isn't cool to me.

Latest posts

Back