Satin black or gloss black

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey don if you do plan on painting it I`m sure some one with your skills knows not to try the waxing ideah I put on here but I washed a buddies with a rag and beared down pretty hard and the sattin buffed back to a richer black. a very light scotch bright might get good results too? never tried the scotch bright method so dont hold me to it.

That is the only downside to the satin black I have found.......you have to be a little more gentle with it than shiny paint. If you get something on it you have to be careful what you use to clean it or how much you rub it, or it will get shiny in that spot.

You also have to be careful if you use the satin or flattened clear topcoat. We painted a frame with it one time and laid it on too wet, so the thing came out shiny not satin. The girl at the paint shop later told us you have to sort of mist it on or that will happen.

Don

I got it back from the powder coater Tuesday. It's 60% gloss. A tad glossier than i wanted but i think it'll look good once i get it together. I worked on it a little bit today. I got the front end, rear suspension and brake lines mounted up.

Now i just have to decided if the body will be flat black or red oxide.

Latest posts

Back