Satin Truck,Watchout FlatBroke!!!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TBARA Wildchild

Here,s my little old truck,

Attachments

• dad1.jpg
    dad1.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 39
  • dad2.jpg
    dad2.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 103
Hail Yeah man,
I like it a lot. Baby moons and all. Is it done or are there still plans to do anything else with it.

Stance
Motor
Tranny

Ya just gotta tell us what it is all about.

Satin Truck.Watchout FlatBroke!!!!!

Thanks!! Glad you like it!!
It's my daily driver. It has a 1966 327sbc with headers, edelbrock intake and 4bl carb,elect fuel pump,AT. I shaved the mirrors and the paint is called Blitz black (from John Deere?!!). It has 3" Spindles on the front and 4" at the back with shackles and spring mounts. The wheels are steel reverse deep dish with trim rings and baby moons(15"),Tires are Coker radials on the back and Diamondbacks on front,Had Cokers on front but ate them up!! Put off getting front end aligned!!! Ya I know Dumb!!! The thing that makes my 1987 truck real different is the 1957 Roadmaster Grille!!!!

Satin Truck,Watchout FlatBroke!!!!

No,We're going to flame it!!!! Also a full blood red tuck and roll interior, with a 23" Gennie Shifter With a Bobbing BODY Tiki 11" tall by it's self,And a 17" sprintcar steering wheel!!!

Wildchild,
I really do like the truck. Red tuck and roll would be awsome.
Let me run this idea past you (I have been playin around with it for a while now) Your truck has twin stack headlights, remove the upper lights (or just cover them and unplug) and only have the lower lights in operation.

Mine does not have stack lights but I have been thinking about lowering them to the lower side and making my own headlight bezels.

Tell me what you think.

Satin Truck, Watchout FlatBroke!!!!!

FlatBroke,
Do you have round or square headlights? Oh fudge!! I think if I remember from your "Dark"thread they are square. Ok, lowered would be different, but I think it will only work if you come up with a neat looking bezel,or maybe a Grille that's like a phantom but that leaves your lights in the open. I didn't know if my Grille would work but I wanted something other than what you could buy.( only found custom billet or tubes) But I love it NOW!!!, I was thinking of covers that went over both lights patterned just like my Grille.

heres one for both of you guys:D notice the chevy cab "a diffrent rod idea"

Attachments

• revell-sneakypete.jpg
    revell-sneakypete.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
I had actually been playing with the idea to replace the front clip with something off of an old dump truck or an old sanitation truck. I'm sure it would take some engeneering so it wouldn't be too wide, and the lower part of the fenders would have to be grafted off, but it might look pretty cool with my "Peterbuilt" theme. Stacks and all.

I'm not 100% on that. Some of those trucks were 1ton and some 2 1/2ton. I'm probably wrong, but weren't those cabs just bigger all the way around? I'm not sure.

I'm not 100% on that. Some of those trucks were 1ton and some 2 1/2ton. I'm probably wrong, but weren't those cabs just bigger all the way around? I'm not sure.

nope i drive one every day the only difference in the cab is the roof is a lil bit taller.....you could use the front clip but the fenders will be way wider than the cab....but its all fiberglass and easy to modify:D

this is just an example i drive a 05 c7500 flatbed

Attachments

• Unit%20RE-5927.jpg
    Unit%20RE-5927.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Unit%20JU-3893.jpg
    Unit%20JU-3893.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Motomech,
That is the front clip I was thinking of.

Bruce,
I was sort of thinking about the same thing. Wonder how hard it is going to be to find one?

HHmmmmm

Latest posts

Back