School Project!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
some pictures of the bumper im planing on using

Also Im planning on shortening a 50 ford f-1 front bumper about 14-18 inches and using it as a main bar in a flip up front end, but not sure yet on the diffuculty of a front end flip up kit so its a maybe.:)

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 78
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 70
Looks like your making some great progress there. You'll be cruzin in style very soon. :D

New Paint.

I couldnt take it, I finally had to scrape pennies and buy some flat black primer spray bomb. I like it alot and i put a wood tailgate on my mockup bed. Also i wire brushed the grill and sprayed it silver. I like it alot.:)
And If any of you have a chance will you photoshop the name on the doors. Holvco Street Rod's or something like that to make it look worn or something like its been there for a while. Thanks.

Attachments

• aaaaa2.jpg
    aaaaa2.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 50
  • aaaaa3.jpg
    aaaaa3.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 34
  • aaaaa4.jpg
    aaaaa4.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 54
  • aaaaa5.jpg
    aaaaa5.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 48
  • aaaaa6.jpg
    aaaaa6.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 128
Yeah i painted it more till i ran out of paint but im dirt poor right now so i am going to wait because i should get the metal for it next week. But i probably wont be able to wait that long so it will end up being painted haha:)

I had nothing to do and i found more pennies so i bought some more bomb and painted the bed and made a stencil for the tailgate. I like it alot. I only have this picture so ill push it out in the light in the morning and take a few pictures. Also i wire brushed the dash and spray bombed it silver. Holvco was my dads old racing team's logo type deal and he kept it with him and i like it alot as well haha. Tommorow ill try and take a picture of the actuall logo.

Attachments

• aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 88
My phone sent the pictures to my email so here are some of the new ones.:) In the last picture you can kind of see the dash that is re bombed haha ill put some before and afters of it on tommorow.

Attachments

• aaaaa.jpg
    aaaaa.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 32
  • aaaaaaaaaaaaad.jpg
    aaaaaaaaaaaaad.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 59
  • aaaaaaaaaaf.jpg
    aaaaaaaaaaf.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 27
  • aaaaaaaaaaz.jpg
    aaaaaaaaaaz.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 33
  • aaaaaaaaazx.jpg
    aaaaaaaaazx.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Pushed it outside and got the pictures of it with most of the spray bomb done for now.:)

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 13
  • a5.jpg
    a5.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 53
  • a4.jpg
    a4.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 59
  • a3.jpg
    a3.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 32
  • a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 62
You know, I would just use that bed it looks good. Who said it had to be metal just detail it a litte more with some top caps or something and call it done.....Rat Truck all the way!

A friend on KB photochoped it and added the flathead im going to run and lakestyle headers that i want to get. I love it, this is what i am going for:)

Attachments

• 2885322230077902012S600x600Q85.jpg
    2885322230077902012S600x600Q85.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 179
Yep, I love flatheads. Im planning on taking the flathead to a guys house to get rebuilt tommorow. I want to run lakestyle headers like that with a removable cap so i can run straight out of the headers or dump it under the truck for freeway driving or if the cops bug me about it:D

50ford your truck is cool i am going to check one out maybe i will build one like it just to drive around town in ;)

50Ford,
Friday at Back to the Fifties, we drove in the lower entrance and parked the cars and spent the whole day looking at everyone else's stuff. We never got to our normal parking spot. Saturday we were parked in my favorite out of the way location. Sorry we didn't get together.
Bob

It's fine, haha it was an awesome day. since i didnt see you on friday i planned on checking back on saturday but after watching the locals cruise at porkys i was exhausted so we decided to call it good. Hopefully we can go to another car show and meet but next year at BTT 50's ill be driving my truck, so ill stay down there so there will be a better chance of meeting haha.

Some pictures of the flathead. finally got it home.:)

Attachments

• flathead.jpg
    flathead.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 78
  • flathead 2.jpg
    flathead 2.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 45
  • flathead 3.jpg
    flathead 3.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 38
  • flathead 4.jpg
    flathead 4.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 72
  • flathead 5.jpg
    flathead 5.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 39
And a few more, im going to cut a huge hole in the firewall so i can slide the cab over the frame and move the engine back farther into the cab and tranny farther back. I have a welder at my house now but a tank of co2 that i want to run is 150bux so that will have to wait a little longer.:D IM going to take the flathead to the guy this saturday. the first thing im going to do when i get the welder up and running is make some body mounts and weld them on then the X in the frame then beef up and reweld the front section with gussets, Then motor and tranny mounts. then we will be closer:)

Attachments

• flatty1.jpg
    flatty1.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 61
  • flatty2.jpg
    flatty2.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 71
  • flatty3.jpg
    flatty3.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 40
Holy cow, Im gone for a month or so and youre almost done what started out as a school project JUST for the frame! Youre the same age as I am and I am very happy to note that there are a few other teens that like real cars more than Gran Turismo and Project Gotham.

Latest posts

Back