Scored a Fenton 3x2 SBC intake this weekend. Pics.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

52 Rat

I told a friend of mine I would like to have a old Fenton 3x2 intake and look what he came up with. I will be using this for my 37 GMC build.

100_0022.jpg

100_0023.jpg

Great find, Can you run an HEI distributor? I had 3X2 manifold a few years ago there was not room for an HEI I ran an old point distributor with a electronic ignition conversion kit in so I didnt have points do deal with. They look great on a motor.

That intake is drilled for the 4-bolt base Rochester carbs...they take up more room than the physically smaller 97's or 94's...you'll have to run an old points-style distributor, (or something of the same size...HEI won't fit)...

Last edited:
nice looking manifold....[dr

i wouldn't worry too much about the dizzy clearance-there are alot of options on a "small distributor....pertronix, mallory unilite, and accel dual point just to name a few...

I used an Accel electronic distributor on a 3X2 setup with Rochester 2G's. The electronic distributor was the same size and used the same cap as the Accel dual point I replaced it with.

Nice score dude! My ol man and I ran a Mallary unilite hei dist behind our 3 deuce worked good. Try to stay away from points type ,esp a dual point dist, nothin but headache.

Nice score dude! My ol man and I ran a Mallary unilite hei dist behind our 3 deuce worked good. Try to stay away from points type ,esp a dual point dist, nothin but headache.

Thanks, we ran dual point distributors back in the day. I like the Unilite dist. and will most run their dist.

Nice score! I'm jealous, I want one. I'll tell you like a friend told me once. When you are riding down the road and all of a sudden you stop, you get out, open your hood and find your carb missing, don't worry about it. I got it. :D

Latest posts

Back