Scrap Prices

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Gasser

Didn't want to hi-jack jfg455's thread, and hope this isn't off topic, but, what are scrap prices in your area?

They've been way down here for the last year, currently $75-$80 a ton for sheetmetal...

I've always been able to make extra cash for hot rod parts by scrapping, but here lately, its not worth my time, gas, and wear-n-tear on my truck...

I'm not complaining though, because people are starting to get real on beater used car prices again. No more stupid "Well it will scrap for $1000" argument...

Nearly all commodies are in the tank... except... cattle/hogs etc!

I'm not complaining though, because people are starting to get real on beater used car prices again. No more stupid "Well it will scrap for $1000" argument...

Yep... peeps are starting to come back to reality!

BoB

Last I sold was 60, heard it was down to 40. I've got a few tons to haul next week, be lucky to make much more than fuel but it has to go. I haven't heard anything good in the forecast, could be in the dump for years. Chinese aren't buying, they are in a slump too.

$5 / 100 here and I heard the same thing going to get lower and stay that way for a while . It hasnt been 6 months ago I got $500 for a 1982 one ton truck .. it did have a steel flatbed on it , but he came to the house and picked it up for $500 so im sure if I would have drug it to him I could have gotten more .. I bout another one ton for $500 to take motor and trans out of it (planning) to throw some more scrap on it and sell it to off - set the price and have the motor and trans almost free , but price feel out a week after I bought it .. oh well Its still here behind the shed ..

Last I sold was 60, heard it was down to 40. I've got a few tons to haul next week, be lucky to make much more than fuel but it has to go. I haven't heard anything good in the forecast, could be in the dump for years. Chinese aren't buying, they are in a slump too.

Hopefully a lot less old tin will be getting crushed as a result! :eek:

BoB

Things have been crazy with scrap.A crash had to come.
It is just getting back to normal prices.
I kept mine through the high prices and plan on keeping now.
Back when I was teenager around 1980 you could only get $35.00 for a station wagon,if you hauled it there yourself.
Wish it had crashed before our last old parts yard was sold and turned into scrap yard.:(
They had cars from 1940` to early 80`s
They are all crushed now:mad:
Wonder if there are any old car salvage yards left in South Carolina?[S

Global overproduction and a crash in demand for steel - not a good combo! Nearly all of the iron ore mines in northern MN are idled right now.

I heard part of the reason steel scrap is down is because Russia's economy is so bad they are selling proccesed ingots cheaper than you can sell the scrap for.

It's about 80 a ton here in indiana. Most people are just stockpiling. It's making stuff cheaper to get though

The load I had pictured was only $50/metric ton (2260lbs)...I would not have taken it except it was all big ugly useless stuff that didn't weigh much. I'm holding my #1 prepared iron, aluminum and brass for when it comes back up...

Latest posts

Back