Sealed the deal today

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks guys, no real plans as of yet, going to get a battery and try to get it busted off, get the brakes working and see what else it needs, the guy i got it from has all new floor mats, head liner, and door panels, seats are in real good shape, the best part is the price, i have to put cab corners and sills on his 70 GMC, didnt take me long to decide,
he is going to drop a load of money on that truck, i told him i would help him on that too, new engine, trans, disc brakes, and drop it all around, i am good at spending someone elses money,:), Tracy

Come on, don't fool us.............no way is that the same car!!! :eek::D:D Wow, that thing cleaned up great. What a solid, pretty little Chevy. And in Florida to boot!!!!!!!

You asked about that cable from the positive terminal on the coil to under the dash. What that is called is an "electrolock assembly" or "lectrolock assembly". It was sort of an early antitheft device, before locking ignition/steering switches. The idea was that it was more difficult for a thief to jump start the car than if it had just been a regular wire. It also was sort of an antichafe device and runs right to the ignition switch. Whether it was successful or not in keeping the car from getting stolen is open to debate.

Don

Cool ride and great find. Too bad I never kept my old rides from living up in Volusia County, I had a dozen plus old rides when I moved on out west. I am sure some of them maty still be available. Maybe not, just did the google earth thing and seen all the developement over the past 15 years. Guess most of the stuff would have been sold off or stolen by now.:confused:
Still, very nice ride indeed. Maximo

well she runs, idles pretty good, dont want to rev up very well
got to start checking every thing out, carb seems to be working good, points gap looked to be pretty wide, humm where did i put those feeler gages, been a long time since i messed with a point dist. Tracy

Latest posts

Back