Sedan to Pickup

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kennyrodg

Hey all,
Just wondering if any of you guys can point in the direction of any threads or pictures relating to making a pickup cab from a 4 door sedan.
It's the re-joining of the rear section to the B-Pillar that's kinda got me worried.
I'm picking this up next week and it's getting the "treatment".
A 1933 Austin 12
A12chassis004.jpg

Thanks in advance.:D

this was a 4dr dodge sedan, that a customer Ron Aarant built. He used the stock front and rear fenders, handmade running boards and bed. If he comes in this week i'll ask what he did for the rear section
attachment.php

Attachments

• Photo00041.jpg
    Photo00041.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 152
nice

this was a 4dr dodge sedan, that a customer Ron Aarant built.

wow. l have not seen that at any shows, l like that red truck:D

Later:cool:

So what part of that B-pillar joining are you concerned about? Are you going to chop it at all? Off hand, t looks like the B post is taller than the rear section -meaning, if you don't chop, you'll need to cut the rear horizontally and add a strip. You may need to do the same width wise.

Get it home, get a bucket, sit on it, and stare at it for a day. You'll figure it out. ;)

I like that pick-up Tripper. I like the quarter window.

Thanks for the replies guys.
Sam_fear, Hi Bud, it's getting a chop, I'd say 3" at least.
I figured the rear section would need less with it being shorter than the B post. The plan is for a slammed Rat truck so it'll be getting channelled too. I'm just wondering what's the best way to get it all back together again. Re attach at the rear of the post or come around the outside of it up to the door jamb.
Here's a couple more pics, you can see the swage line is perfect just before it narrows.

I'm trying to get my head round the best way of doing it,
Do you guy think would I be better removing the rear panel first, remove the rear doors and rear quarter panel then chopping the screen post / B post, re-attach the roof then get the rear panel looking right or is there a better way.
Any suggestions will be gratefully received.
Here's my first attempt at photo editing so please forgive the infantile quality :eek: but you get the idea. The little bit of rear window that's showing won't be there on the car.

Attachments

• A12 chassis 006.jpg
    A12 chassis 006.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 38
  • A12 chassis 004choppedcab fullpaint.jpg
    A12 chassis 004choppedcab fullpaint.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 55
?????

just have to ask,

why would you want to cut up that nice body to make a truck?[S:confused:

wouln't it be easier to find a old truck cab or something that the rear 1/2 isn't quite so nice?

l think it's to nice to cut into a truck :D

maybe shorten it 10''-12'' and make it a 2 door then add a 3'-4' bed, now that would be different and cool:cool:

just me thinkin' out loud[ddd

Later :eek:

Thanks guys,
To be honest Skull I had thought about 2 dooring it but my heart says "truck".
As far as finding a truck cab in the UK goes, rare as hens teeth as my Mum used to say.
Mmmm food for thought tho'.
[P

>Kennyrodg.. I want to watch your build when you start.

something like this is what I want to do someday.

Hopefully my winter to come project. '29 Dodge
Thanks

Attachments

• 27 dodge 4Dr. side shot  BEFORE CHOP PU.jpg
    27 dodge 4Dr. side shot BEFORE CHOP PU.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 32
  • 27 dodge 4dr.AFTER CHOP PU rendering.jpg
    27 dodge 4dr.AFTER CHOP PU rendering.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 40
Well Chuckles, there's one thing I can say for certain, you photo shop skills have got me beat haha [cl I'll be posting it up as I go.
I'm not sure as yet about just taking the 12" out. I get where you guys are coming from but the shorty cab is easier on the eye to me at this point.
:)
I'm still look for some piccies on how guys have stuck it back together again at the B post so if you spot anything then please hollar.
:D

Not my renedering. I can't do anything like that.

I thought cookies, were something you ate with a glass of milk !!:confused:

Latest posts

Back