Several questions

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flamineclipse

Hey guys, I'm new to the whole frame/suspension thing and I've searched the site for answers and didn't find what I was looking for. I'm building a 36 ford pu and I've got a frame that came from Last Refuge hot rods in CO. My dad ordered this for the 36 but what we got in was much narrower and shorter than the stock frame he had. I'm wanting to shorten the bed anyway and I'm planning channel the cab so this shouldn't be an issue right? I'm also wanting to do a straight axle on the front, I know I can use it on this truck but how do I lower it? Can anyone recommend some good reading to pick up to more familiarize myself with what I need to do to get this build going? Thanks for helpin out a noobie!!

you asking on how to lower the front end? are you going to be running leaf springs on the front? coils? hybrid? 2 link front?

the reason i ask is there are a lot of different ways to lower the front, just depends on what you are going to be stablizing the front with

Well if your going straight axle the you can use a drop axle, for the rear depending on how low you want to go you can z the frame and bag it.

Latest posts

Back