Sheets & Giggles

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am told that it is an accomplishment for a drag car to win anything at a hot rod show. That said, I'm still not sure if I'm elated or disappointed. Bit of both I guess.

Had a good time and made some new friends. Felt a new kind of thrill every time someone stopped in their tracks to take a picture of MY car. All in all an amazing weekend.

And now .... to get it ready for Meltdown.

Attachments

• IMG_1078.jpg
    IMG_1078.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1090.jpg
    IMG_1090.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1169.jpg
    IMG_1169.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 32
I'm still convinced the only reason the Chevy won the class was because it was street driven. I've seen the Chevy up close and personal and he's banged the gears in it very hard at the track. If it ever hooks up it is easily a high 10 second car... it's clean, well built and an outstanding example of today's street gasser trend. But I've also seen Larry's T up close and personal and it's a fresh build that is very high quality. The Rodarama is a great event put on the Manitoba Street Rod Association (MSRA) with heavy emphasis on street driven hot rods and I'm sure for that reason alone the Chevy got the nod.

Kodos and congratulations to both

First show we carried the Firebird to, they had the F bodies classed by year groups, 67-69, 70-81, 82-96. We were the only car in the 82-96 class, so we were thinking, 1st place. When they awarded trophy's, we got 3rd? There was only one car in the 67-69 class, and one in the 70-81 class, so they lumped all of us together in one class. :mad: The winner was a beautiful 69 Camaro, no doubt it was much nicer than ours. Second was given to a 81 Camaro, nice, but no nicer than ours. If we had of know they were gong to just do the single class, 67-96, it would have been fine, we wouldn't have been expecting to win anything. But changing things after we had registered, I wasn't happy at all. Sad when a few folks have to be political and change the rules to let their buds win. We probably won't be going back to their show.:rolleyes:

Passed another major step today ... chassis is now certified for 7.50 or slower elapsed time. Now I can go play with it. :D

Attachments

• IMG_1179.jpg
    IMG_1179.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 35
2 fast 4 me. But I'll enjoy watching you. Did the inspector check anything beside wall thickness and welds on the cage?

2 fast 4 me. But I'll enjoy watching you. Did the inspector check anything beside wall thickness and welds on the cage?

Checked wall thickness, welds, design, proper diagonals, proper cross members and K member, suspension, clearance from helmet to cage, everything. Went through the sfi book page by page and made sure everything complied.

Latest posts

Back