Shifter height suggestions

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davidhud29

Looking at the Lokar automatic tranny shifter. Can't decide between the 16" or 23". The 16 will come to about the top of the dash I believe. So obviously the 23 will be taller than the dash. The 23 will also be in my line of sight through the window. For that reason I am thinking of the shorter version. I like the tall shifter look, (note my avatar) but I think it might get old looking at the shift rod all the time. As I do plan to drive this daily. The 16 I think will still give me enough height to look kool, without being annoying. But I do like the taller look. Form OR function.[S
Looking for suggestions.

The shifter in my 63 comes to the top of the dash - just enough so peeps can see my hand resting on it, but not in the way of my view.

If you get the shorter one and find it's a little too short, you can always get a custom tall shifter knob to put on it.

I think youve kinda answered your own question. If its you daily and safety is a concern and the tall shifter is in your line of sight then............. Safety first

I've got a 16 in my truck. It is pretty close to a normal truck manual transmission shifter height. It is no where close to blocking my sight, but I still wouldn't want anything taller.

Latest posts

Back