Shopping in a Rod.....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gassersgarage

The California Kid
Had to run to the local hardware store for some grout. Took my 31', just cuz I like driving it. Came out and found 2 guys taking photos of it. My 5 minute shopping trip turned into an 1 1/2 hour because they wanted to talk about the car.

Another time, I took it to get something to eat. Came out and found a girl posing with my car while the other one took pictures. The "model" even rolled up her shirt to show some midriff. :eek:

Anyone got stores of shopping trips..........:D:D:D

can you top this

I came out of the local quick stop and there were 3 chicks looking at ratzilla had to take them for a ride one by one , after that they invited me over to their ..oh then I woke up , knew it was too good to be true.LFE

I came out of the local quick stop and there were 3 chicks looking at ratzilla had to take them for a ride one by one , after that they invited me over to their ..oh then I woke up , knew it was too good to be true.LFE

LOL, that happened to me too. Stupid alarm clock always goes off before the best part.......:D

Me too

I drive my car a lot and everytime I come out from somewhere there are people waiting to ask something. I've been running it with the hood off lately and everyone is amazed that I have a Ford motor in it. I bought my wife a 57 Tbird and we were asked to bring our cars to the local raceway to do the pace lap at a Hooters race. She was the actual pace car and I followed in my Model A. After we got the race started we parked behind the grandstands and about half way thru the race I decided to check on the cars. I found 3 Hooters girls leaning all over her car with a photographer taking pics. Man, I'm glad that I found them and not her. She would have beat the silicone right out of them for touching her car. They had taken pics on my car and a friend had shots of that. She found out about a week later and was mad at me for not telling her. I knew better. I'm some dumb but not plumb dumb. Harleyboy

When I was driving my old 47 ford I found other drivers actually blocked me in intersections to look at it. I literaly found myself stuck between red lights because the driver going straight through an intersection was paying more attention to my car that the traffic lights.:eek:

You would think that mag photogs and models would know better. At the Mooneyes Xmas Show, a friend of mine went back to his rod and discovered a model sitting in it with a photog snapping shots. Even though she (model) was hot looking, my friend was still upset.

I have a lot of car at gas station stories, but I have even more stories like this about my boat. (I have a large offshore-style performance boat). You`d laugh at some of the questions I get.

As I've mentioned before, I have come out from a store and found people sitting in my '27 roadster taking pictures of one another. :eek: Usually German tourists. At first I was a little ticked, but I finally gave up and would even take the pictures for them. I've also been driving along and would see a video camera shooting me from a passing car.

I figure my '27 is all over the world by now. :D:D

Don

PS: The only annoying thing is that kids kept stealing the dice from my tire valve stems. Little urchins. :mad:

I come out of the hardware store to see a guy waiting,

Where's your shop I got some work for you..
I don't have one..

I'd still like to hire you...
I don't work on cars, I fish in Alaska..

Well here's a good chance to make some money..
I'm sure but I don't work on other peoples cars..

I can pay what you want..
I don't care I don't want to work on your car..

That's the problem with you kids you don't want to work..
I'm 45, I have a job now have a nice day and go home and work on your own dam car....

Cool stories,,,,Momma's truck usually draws a crowd wherever it goes. But, one of the neater things that happened was at this years NSRA show in Louisville. Managed to get some pics of it with a couple members of The Drifters.

Attachments

• S6300328 (Medium).JPG
    S6300328 (Medium).JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 50
  • S6300339 (Medium).JPG
    S6300339 (Medium).JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 24
  • S6300327 (Medium).JPG
    S6300327 (Medium).JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 42
Your wacked!

Luckyfasteddie..............Your wacked man,I was reading your post and thinking ...................WOW and then your ending? I cracked up laughing!
Ofcoarse after meeting you at the GoodGuys in Columbus this past year and enjoying your humor I should have known! LOL!

I got pulled over Christmas Eve by the fire dept, so Santa could check out my RPU. They blocked the street in front of me and piled out of the truck. I thought I was getting busted again.

I have a lot of car at gas station stories, but I have even more stories like this about my boat. (I have a large offshore-style performance boat). You`d laugh at some of the questions I get.
Wow, whats it cost to run one? My wife went on a ride from one of her vendors. They went from L.A. to San Diego for lunch. He told her that it cost $5K for that trip. :eek:

I love driving my hot rods,but i'm not much of a people personand i dont like stopping to get gas in em .Seems like if i'm in any kind of hurry people always wanna stop me and talk about my ride .
Aint had the picure talker problems though,thats pretty funny !
I know what you mean about the vale caps though ,dad hade the same problem with his dice .I dont know why they take em for ?
Clepto hot roder kids!hahahahaha:eek:

i thought i was the only person that had these problems. lol. i drove my "j" for 4.5 years as it was the only car i had at the time and let me tell you, if everywhere you go you get ?, you will get sick of it. i have been asked, is it a studebaker, a mustang, a vw fastback, a toyota corolla, how fast is it, what kind of motor does it have, i should change the radials, put a lower gear in it. you name it, i have been asked it for 4.5 years!!!!! so don't cry for me argentina. if you only drive your cars a little bit, you don't know the half of it.

Hey at least you guys dont have to hear ( hey didnt sylvester stalone drive a car like that in that one movie?) Could not take the merc out without at least one person asking me that. The idiots that stop in traffic are the ones who really get my panties in a wad! i dont mind the photos, but if i came out to find someone in my car, that would turn ugly real quick!

The ones I love are the guys who say, my brother, uncle, dad, mother, sister, etc had one just exactly like yours only it was a red four door and had pink interior with the stock engine and wheels and exhaust.:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back