Show me your tips...uh...exhaust tips!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burnin Fatties

I just finished these and put them on my wifes CJ5. I went to muffller shop and got two pieces of free pipe (cut offs). made a paper template and traced it on pipe. I used three different sized hole-saws for the circles and an air-powered bayonet saw for the curved lines. Filed down the edges and sent it to the chrome shop. Be sure not to make your flames too narrow or they wont have enough meat to hold together. ...Now I will do my Harley pipes!

Attachments

• P1000393(1).JPG
    P1000393(1).JPG
    83 KB · Views: 51
  • P1000394(1).JPG
    P1000394(1).JPG
    83 KB · Views: 35
  • P1000395.JPG
    P1000395.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 115
  • P1000396.JPG
    P1000396.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 28
  • P1000397.JPG
    P1000397.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 28
those tips look just like mine but not chrome

Attachments

• DSCN2409.jpg
    DSCN2409.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 52
  • DSCN2410.jpg
    DSCN2410.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 41
  • DSCN2411.jpg
    DSCN2411.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 32
  • DSCN2412.jpg
    DSCN2412.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 32
I hate smacking my shin on a trailer hitch, but that only hurts a little..get too close on these and your gone for stitches..and maybe a tetanus shot:D:D nice work, they look cool

just about all my garage pants have a hole in the leg from snagging them on my pipes, but I am changing them up this winter, my wife and I went to a shoe about 25 miles away a few weeks ago and on the way home she had to stick toilet paper in her ear for the ride home.:D:D

I just finished these and put them on my wifes CJ5. I went to muffller shop and got two pieces of free pipe (cut offs). made a paper template and traced it on pipe. I used three different sized hole-saws for the circles and an air-powered bayonet saw for the curved lines. Filed down the edges and sent it to the chrome shop. Be sure not to make your flames too narrow or they wont have enough meat to hold together. ...Now I will do my Harley pipes!

Those are some a$$-kickin' pipes, for sure!:cool: Really cool that you did that yourself, with all common DIY tools, too!:cool: Also, viva la chrome! I like shiny stuff!:D

Regards,
Shea:)

I hate smacking my shin on a trailer hitch, but that only hurts a little..get too close on these and your gone for stitches..and maybe a tetanus shot:D:D
I remember a case awhile back where someone had a broken tail light lens and someone walking brushed up against it and cut themself. The guy with the broken lens got a repair ticket. Had to show he fixed it or pay a fine. Kinda like the woman who dropped hot coffee in her lap then sued McD's for serving her hot coffee. Sheesh. :cool:

shea, yes there are augers in each one, I made them then welded a nut inside the auger and drilled and bolted them from the bottom, not much help, my wife said it is still to loud, but had johnny law in the garage a wk ago and started it up and he said it sounded good.:D:D:D

Latest posts

Back