Sinners coupe build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also,

Glad things have settled down....Calmer seas mean good info rolling in....besides, us old guys can't get this wound up!!! LOL

updates we got the frame almost completely done here it is almost all polished out gussets sitting out side

Attachments

• PIC_2345.JPG
    PIC_2345.JPG
    159.7 KB · Views: 102
  • PIC_2347.JPG
    PIC_2347.JPG
    177.5 KB · Views: 93
  • PIC_2348.JPG
    PIC_2348.JPG
    172.7 KB · Views: 96
  • PIC_2350.JPG
    PIC_2350.JPG
    171 KB · Views: 91
  • PIC_2353.JPG
    PIC_2353.JPG
    165.3 KB · Views: 90
  • PIC_2355.JPG
    PIC_2355.JPG
    162.8 KB · Views: 101
  • PIC_2356.JPG
    PIC_2356.JPG
    185.3 KB · Views: 102
  • PIC_2357.JPG
    PIC_2357.JPG
    144.6 KB · Views: 96
  • PIC_2359.JPG
    PIC_2359.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 89
  • PIC_2343.JPG
    PIC_2343.JPG
    169.6 KB · Views: 96
Just a ? here how low will this coupe sit and have you ever run exaust pipes underneath, cause that frame is way cool ,from an old guy that builds on a dirt floor! Chip.................

Chipper the coupe will sit 4 inches or so off the ground im going to make it low.. If your asking because of how high the rear frame rails are.. they are not that high because they need to be for the coupe to sit on the ground.. They are that high because they follow the rear quarters down the back of the trunk area.. see pic 2359 thats why they are that high

UPDATE

we received some shipments today we have been building the floors and doing metal work to the body and received the

Jegs crate engine
TCI transmission
Speedway order
Coker came through with the Rocket injector wheels and Coker Classics

More pics to come of the car soon we are trying to get the metal work done and floors installed

Attachments

• PIC_2377.JPG
    PIC_2377.JPG
    148.8 KB · Views: 61
  • PIC_2383.JPG
    PIC_2383.JPG
    164.2 KB · Views: 56
  • PIC_2379.JPG
    PIC_2379.JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 58
  • PIC_2382.JPG
    PIC_2382.JPG
    150.4 KB · Views: 59
  • PIC_2378.JPG
    PIC_2378.JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 55
  • PIC_2376.JPG
    PIC_2376.JPG
    174 KB · Views: 56
  • PIC_2375.JPG
    PIC_2375.JPG
    179.9 KB · Views: 64
Thats quite a collection of expensive toys!!

Dig the wheels and WW's.......is this ride for you or are you building it for someone??? Probably said in posts somewhere....still diggin on the frame...:D

Its being built for someone i was trying to keep Strip Tease that last sedan i built but that didnt happen.. Look for it in the future on A&E though
Shipping Wars tv show is coming to do a show on it April 7th and its going to Panama city Beach FL
I am back booked up for awhile on customer builds so most of what i post on here for the next 6 months will be customer builds..
We are going to try and build one to keep for 2013 maybe in Nov. when we slow down for winter..
Im thinkin a 35 ford sedan i know where a perfect one is and everyone is getting tired of seeing these sleeved out frames under 28-31 coupes and sedans so maybe when i get caught up i can build a different body style car

great work

I'm enviuos i couldn't afford the wood that the crate is built from. eheheh go get-em

Me either! Good thing the guy im building the coupe for can
I myself dont think its that bad of a deal to put a Jegs engine in a car your building for a customer.. I was putting in fresh rebuilds and by the time i was finished i had about 2500 in an engine including carb dist machine work intake everything,
Jegs will give you this engine for 2850 blue printed dyno sheets comes with the carb and even plug wires hooked up and it has a 3 year warranty!
Its almost turn key out of the box

Yeah

Me either! Good thing the guy im building the coupe for can
I myself dont think its that bad of a deal to put a Jegs engine in a car your building for a customer.. I was putting in fresh rebuilds and by the time i was finished i had about 2500 in an engine including carb dist machine work intake everything,
Jegs will give you this engine for 2850 blue printed dyno sheets comes with the carb and even plug wires hooked up and it has a 3 year warranty!
Its almost turn key out of the box

Yeah I agree there, but I still like doing my own as I dont run a bussiness anymore. when someone asks where did the engine come from? you say My shop. heheh it sounds good...

Hey Josh,
Good to see your work. I just joined RRR the other day because I wanna switch gears and do a 28 - 31 model A coupe or tudor. The thing that got me going was a tudor I saw on ebay by slaughter house....I think it was called the Jackal? I also think I saw it go for 30k @ Barrett Jackson. Anyway, if this coupe ur doing is gonna be for sale when you're done, I might be interested but I won't be needing a drivetrain.

The Jackal did run across Barrett Jackson it closed at 33k.. We sold it for less than that but after the guy paid for shipping to him and paid to put it on Barrett Jackson i dont think he made much at all for his investment.. He ran the opening bid at like 60k thinking it was going to take off.. It was also at Sema.
Interesting fact on that car:
I named it "The Jackal" after my favorite character from the movie 13 ghosts
the new owner debuted it at sema and tried to rename it "steam punk"
it didnt stick by far and he just left it at The Jackal
its now in Arizona and has tinted windows

UPDATE
Sorry there are only a few pic in this update we are doing metal work and getting the car stripped down so we can start body work but here is the first real shots of the body on the frame we just put all new panels around the bottom of the whole coupe and made new wheel wells

Attachments

• PIC_2391.JPG
    PIC_2391.JPG
    154.8 KB · Views: 61
  • PIC_2393.JPG
    PIC_2393.JPG
    150.6 KB · Views: 67
Nice looking work on the frame. Not being a fabricator I have 2 questions: is the frame stronger with lateral tubes vs. just box frame (would think round tubes would make a stress joint for fracture), and how do you make the curve section for the trunk? Cant imagine it's bent, so I'm guessing you cut it all from flat stock and weld 4 sides together?
Thanks

Nice looking work on the frame. Not being a fabricator I have 2 questions: is the frame stronger with lateral tubes vs. just box frame (would think round tubes would make a stress joint for fracture), and how do you make the curve section for the trunk? Cant imagine it's bent, so I'm guessing you cut it all from flat stock and weld 4 sides together?
Thanks

The tube i put into the frame is schedule 40 round pipe its thicker than the frame rails and each pipe generally acts as a small crossmember for the frame rails. I never have had a problem with cracking or bending and i have built 10 or so of these frames and the trunk area of the frame section.. Your right.. I simply put a piece of cardboard up trace out the curve of the trunk and make that cardboard into a 3 or 4 inch wide piece in which i lay on a sheet of 1/8 inch plate and plasma cut out then i take a piece of 2 inch wide 1/8 inch and put on top and bottoms and so its made out of 4 pieces.
However if you dont have a plasma cutter i did do this once back in the day with a piece of 2x3 box. I just put a ton of relief cuts in it bent it welded it back up grind it down and then hole saw the holes and weld them up.. This way takes a ton of work and a long time but its the same basic look

took 2 more inches out of the chop today.. Its now chopped 5 inches.. It was chopped very long ago whoever did it first ya got me..
Check it out though we will have update pics of it later this week when its cleaned up better

Attachments

• 575808_380511715321755_100000887892816_1131198_457036962_n.jpg
    575808_380511715321755_100000887892816_1131198_457036962_n.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 41
Looking good. Your website rocks also!

From an engineering standpoint and to answer the question on the round holes.....

Any hole made along the centerline of a "beam" does not reduce the strength of the beam. Square holes or any hole with a sharp corner will not reduce the strength but can create a crack.

So......

That frame is super strong and should hold up to years of abuse without failure as long as the holes are round or semi elliptical, etc.

updates, ready for body work.. All metal work finally done and door latches installed

Attachments

• PIC_2453.JPG
    PIC_2453.JPG
    147.5 KB · Views: 85
  • PIC_2454.JPG
    PIC_2454.JPG
    146.4 KB · Views: 80
  • PIC_2457.JPG
    PIC_2457.JPG
    155.9 KB · Views: 78
  • PIC_2461.JPG
    PIC_2461.JPG