Site Growth

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time will tell

Everybody can"t afford to go out and buy a overpriced 32 Ford,and join the goldchainer club. Don"t really know how they became known as RatRods.Back in the 50s and 60s The same kind of builds were going on ,just called hotrods.Until a state like California comes up with a law against them,RATRODS WILL SURVIVE a long time.:cool:

i try to tell as many people about this site at flowmaster as i can every time the hot rod subject comes up rat rod is the first thing i talk about.. or treditional rodding as some call it... im only 25 and there still is some of us youngens that stay true to it... [;)

This site is great.No doubt about it.
I wonder why the classifieds are not going better?
Looks like there would be a huge volume of buying and selling.[S
Anyway,I never turn computer on with stopping by this site.
I check my emails then next stop is here.[;)

I ain't sure, but we may have a moderator that keeps us, and the other "riff-raft" in line to thank for this site's growth.
that and everybody seems purdy friendly.
[cl

I was building rats in the 60`s..we called them jalopys and they were mostly painted in rusty metal primer

I think it has alot to do with how friendly and accepting you guys are. That and the lack of drama of some other sites. This is one of the most polite and respectful forums I know of.

for me, it was the judgemental hypocrisy on the hamb that caused me to look elsewhere for people i could relate to. i wasn't gonna spend 1 more second listenin to jackasses preachin "tradition" while they install HID lights and radials on their "traditional" rods and building with their checkbooks. i swear, those guys have turned into all the things they cry about.
not to mention the whole knee-jerk anti- ratrod attitude. let em pound sand.

All of us who frequent this and other forums probably feel like me, that most rodders also spend some of our time on the computer, swapping stories and learning. But what has amazed me is that when I am chatting with some rodder at a cruise or show and ask him what forums he is on 80% of the time they give me a blank stare and ask what a forum is, I find that really surprising, because even at my age, and not coming from the computer generation, I couldn't imagine a day without checking in to see what is happening on my favorite forums.

Maybe it is because I ask that question of guys who are a little older (like 50 + or in that range) or that maybe not everyone surfs the net and spends as much time on it as we do. I don't know if any of you have had that same experience, but try it the next time you are among a group of rodders and see how many of they don't even know things like this exist.

Don

I think it's a combo of things that make this site great:

1. Nice guys who mostly build stuff themselves and willing to share knowledge
2. Orgainization - Not to pick on the HAMB but they need categories like RRR has
3. Size - small enough that your post doesn't immediately get buried under 50 others.
4. Something for everyone regardless of budget & taste.

I don't think the classifieds do well here, because of point #1. Most of the guys here are looking to build not buy. That's why I always post my cars on the HAMB - alot of guys that don't post much but are always on there looking.

Latest posts

Back