So do you drink while you wrench?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We might have a beer at the end of a long hot night of work, but that is about it. Last night the 3 of us went to the shop and made the mistake of having a beer first, then we broke out the gas grill, cooked some steaks and watched American Grafitti instead of getting any work done. But I think we all needed to just BS and laugh for a while.

Don

Sounds like a good time to me..

I am a recovering alcoholic. In February it will be 6 years. I can drink a beer and be ok, but if i touch a second one, im in trouble. Almost always, I leave the first one alone. Only on rare social occasions. Back when I drank, if there was a wrench, there was a beer.

i am on my 7th year.
i cant have 1 cuz if i do i wont stop ever.
just like a junkie.
all my friends wife included like to have a drink sometimes.
but i just dont do it.

You should be proud that you have licked it for so many years, Billy, and you too, Muddy. That is something a lot of people can't ever do. They are finding out more and more every day that the brains of people who can't handle booze have some differences from we who can have one or two and stop. People automatically put alcoholics in a box and say they are just weak or whatever, but there may be more going on than people suspect and part of it may be chemical.

Good for you, keep it up. :)

Don

You should be proud that you have licked it for so many years, Billy, and you too, Muddy. That is something a lot of people can't ever do. They are finding out more and more every day that the brains of people who can't handle booze have some differences from we who can have one or two and stop. People automatically put alcoholics in a box and say they are just weak or whatever, but there may be more going on than people suspect and part of it may be chemical.

Good for you, keep it up. :)

Don

thanks don
i get ****ed at myself for throwing away so many years.
hell
i didnt even get interested in antique 4x4's and hotrods till i was 46!
late bloomer you see.....;)

thanks don
i get ****ed at myself for throwing away so many years.
hell
i didnt even get interested in antique 4x4's and hotrods till i was 46!
late bloomer you see.....;)

All of us have things we wish we had done differently in the past, can't change that. What matters is what happens from today on, and it looks like you guys have that under control. :)

Don

I stoped

in 1987 when I got out of the Army for good. I dont touch it at all. I know better

Only Coca-cola, sweet tea or Gatorade. I have never drank alcohol in my 45 years. Something I'm proud of growing up around a couple of uncles that drank from morning till night.
Tim

I reckon I'm a stick in the mud as I don't drink alcohol. I'm not that smart so I need to maintain all the brain cells I can get. Plus....more money for parts :D

Drink pony's when I'm wrenchin. That way when I'm distracted with workin they dont get hot an if they do ya can kill em quick ;)

I'm done

Well like I said before, not much of a drinker here. But after today I'm done with going to other guys shops that do, after being with two pro drinkers on a perma drunk this after noon. Things almost went to blows after the shop owner asked me to weld something up for him because he just got a new wirefeed and did not know how to use it that well. I went out to my truck truned it off went back inside and started welding, not 5 minutes passed and the dumb jack hole strarts yelling at me, who the *$*$(*% are you and what the #$^)&^)& are doing in my ^@&#& shop @@##%# with my tools. And this is a person I have known a long time. [S Plus my nose is still burning from the smell and my lunch is still tring to come back up.

Alcohol defy's logic.....

You cannot rationalize with an intoxicated person....won't happen, just can't don't bother trying.... men are bad....women worse....although it seems that if the guy asked you to do it, then why the heck did he freak out?? Again, trying to think logically about why an intoxicated person did something nutz...[S

In my misguided youth I did, but not now. Haven't had a drop in over 30 years. If I were to get by the smell now, I would probably have a hard time stopping, so I don't fool with it. Sprites, sweet tea, and water do it now. Of course the menthol cigars are good, too. Wish I could quit those dam things as easy as I gave up drinking....

I always did until I quit drinking all together I was not a nice person while drinking and now I can get tired of people that drink rather quickly.

I've never drank alcohol in my life. My drink of choice is usually an ice cold Malt Goya. Most people I know that have tried it can't stand the taste of it.

Latest posts

Back