Somethin I picked up a couple weeks ago...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lowbuckrats

Always wanted a 2 door wagon and finally scored one, a 55 handyman. It's in pretty good shape. Was done in the 80's and stored since 87. Did some horse trading for it, so got a good deal. I put a nice low mileage 283/powerglide from a 65 Chevelle that some one tore out to put a big block in. Put a nice little cam in the motor and hung some aftermarket Harley mufflers out the side (LOUD!!). Runs real good and is a blast to drive. Scored some Pontiac rallys off craigslist for cheap and cut my own trim rings from some old hubcaps I had. Wanted to give that late sixties, early 70's look kinda. My boy calls it HIS station-wagon,HA HA:p. Anyways, Enjoy the pics.

Attachments

• 55frntr.JPG
    55frntr.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 102
  • 55lrear.JPG
    55lrear.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 92
  • 55mikeyfnt.JPG
    55mikeyfnt.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 70
  • 55rear.JPG
    55rear.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 65
  • 55motor.JPG
    55motor.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 66
  • 55pickuptime.JPG
    55pickuptime.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 69
Thanx for all the nice comments guys. I was thinkin redlines too...This car is very fun and cool to drive on a daily basis, even picked up some scrap the other day. Lots of room in the back!!

Nice car. There's a red 55 Handyman for sale near me. Not as nice as yours and he wants $5000 I think. Seemed high to me for what he has. I already have my longroof though! [cl

The K-MEANO is great all-around vehicle. No wonder people loved them in the past & now. It's my tow-rig, scrap truck, wood truck, work truck, you name it. My boy just loves riding in it too cause he's next to daddy.;)

Here's a couple pics of the workhorse. It's definitely in "driver" condition and a little bit of a rat, but I love it.

Attachments

• 55wagon 001.jpg
    55wagon 001.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 55wagon 011.jpg
    55wagon 011.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 5
My son says it sound like a monster-truck or a race car. I think it sounds like a couple Harleys running at the same time, but if you combine all 3 sounds,that's what it sounds like----REALLY LOUD[ddd

Yeah man

WE GOT TO HEAR IT !
I LIKE IT .... I WOULD DRIVE IT ... HELL I WOULD DRIVE THE WHEELS OFF IT..[dr
WE ARE WAITING FOR THE SOUND CLIP....[P

MY SON IS THE ONLY ONE IN MY FAMILY, THAT LIKES TO RIDE IN MY 57 RAT !
MY WIFE & DAUGHTER WONT RIDE IN IT...
SO THEY CAN STAY HOME ! LOL

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back