Sometimes....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoddingRon

A man in his natural habitat....a Studebaker
....You get really lucky. As some of you have seen, I have my Studebaker Pickup for sale in the classifieds here. I wouldn't be selling it, except I stumbled on to a heck of a deal, and basically I need the room for the new adoptee. That's the main reason I have the truck priced as low as I have it...I NEED ROOM

The whole story is I've known this guy for quite a few years...did some lettering on racecars for him, he helped me with some race car stuff, and he was a huge help when I started my first hotrod (48 Chevy Pickup), many years ago. He's just one of those good guys that we all know, that is ready to help you out and always manages to have a good time no matter what. When he picked up this body back in 92 or 93, I fell in love with it way back then.

He unfortunately went through a few rough times that life sometimes throws at you, and now that he has put most of that behind him, he's moving forward, but the plans for a new start (out with the old, in with the new) include a 32 Ford 3 Window...not my favorite....Model A tudor sedan.

He gave me a heck of a price on the Model A with all of the extra's. Even though no money has exchanged hands yet, I have to have to have that car and told him so.

To those that know I'm a Studebaker nut...yes my 40 Commander is being finished up first and I will be driving that to the Goodguys show in Charlotte in October, but instead of starting on the pick up after that, it will be the Model A

The following pics are of it tucked back in a corner of his shop. Some of the more observant may see the one rear window filled, and see an opening in the back of the body. He was going to make a sedan delivery out of it. He has the door roughed in the back, and I will probably follow through with that plan, but I won't rule out returning it to the tudor sedan...I guess once I get it home and do some thinking, I'll make that decision.

HPIM0827.jpg

HPIM0833.jpg

HPIM0841.jpg

HPIM0838.jpg

I think most of us don't mind buying, selling, or trading, (trading up is always good), as long as we keep hot rodding!
This one looks like a move up. I dig it!

The body looks professionally repaired. Maybe you can get him to do the passenger door bottom before you pick it up!. Should be a great Model A to build. What are your plans?

You came on a good one there, Ron. Personally, I like the idea of finishing the conversion to sedan delivery.

:confused:
Should be a great Model A to build. What are your plans?

Bob...I'm not a hunderd percent sure, but I'm leaning toward finishing the sedan delivery deal, but I love the look of this one....thanks to Gastrick

1928fordlowboysedan2smauj7.jpg

BUT....then again, with the the Mustang II front already there....do I want to go fenderless with that, or do I want to put the fenders and running boards on and go for that look? So many decisions :confused: I think what I"ll do is get it back here and go through everything, and see where I lean form there

BUT....then again, with the the Mustang II front already there....do I want to go fenderless with that, or do I want to put the fenders and running boards on and go for that look? So many decisions :confused: I think what I"ll do is get it back here and go through everything, and see where I lean form there

Don't get me wrong... I love fenderless but I'm using fenders on my truck to hide the IFS. It handles like a dream but IMO it's too ugly to be exposed! Although on your car it shouldn't be too hard to take it off & go with a suicide front end.

BoB

I like the sedan delivery idea too. If I had a sedan I would consider opening up the back and putting it on nitrogen struts. Imagine how much more usefull the back would be if you didn't have to climb over the seats, plus the seating options would be greater.
Now, I would for sure have to get rid of that gackly looking front suspension, or hide it really well with fenders.

I really like the sedan delivery idea. You see lots of 2 doors nowdays. I have one too. I put a Pinto IFS in a Model A 25 years ago. Even with the fenders I didn't like the look. Model A fenders are cut high from the front and the A arms, springs, etc. are very visible. I put a step in the front splash pan to hide part of the rack & pinion. If it was all painted flat black it might hide ok. It's hard to give up ride comfort for a look. Your decision though. Good luck with a great start.

:confused:

Bob...I'm not a hunderd percent sure, but I'm leaning toward finishing the sedan delivery deal, but I love the look of this one....thanks to Gastrick

1928fordlowboysedan2smauj7.jpg

thats a bad little ride..ive seen it in person..the guy has a shop about 20 miles from my house in south carolina..

Latest posts

Back