steel toe work boots?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cantwell.colton

Rat Rod Philosopher
think its time for some new work boots - ive owned a good number but always
either red wing or doc martin depending on the job theyll have
so, figured id throw out a topic for any suggestions as far what yall would
recommend...

I would suggest you take a look at Timberland Pro Titan work boots. I worked on concrete and steel grating everyday for the last 25 years and they are the most comfortable and light weight boot that I have ever worn. I've owned 4 pairs so far and I will buy them again.

And no, I don't work for Timberland!

Drewski

i like my belleville boots, but they were military issue, and mine havnt hekd up to well to chemicals, but great boot otherwise

I wear Wolverine boots. Fairly light weight and reasonaly priced ($69). I usually get 2-3 years out of them.

I have 2 pairs of Carolinas. One is steel toe and the lighter ones are composit. I used to wear Red Wings exclusively for years but the last couple pair I had made my feet feel like someone had pounded the bottoms of my feet with a baseball bat after I wore them all day. They do still make a few models in America, the loggers anyway.

I have worn Wolverines a while back, I am on my second pair of red wings now, I can't complain one bit about them. I have also thought about checking out some Danners

Don't laugh, I have actually had pretty good luck with Sears Die Hard boots, probably not as tough as some of the boots you guy's mentioned. My Catapilar's, were tough some mutha's, but dont know if they have steel toe, I think they would.

i think you should try to find a cobbler. they will usually offer some kind of upkeep deal on any repairs they have to make. it's kind of a dieing art, i try to get boots that can be re soled (if i'm gettin boots) just so that i can support them. i also really don't like throwing things away. i've worn a lot of corcoran jump boots in the past, they are comfortable for mil boots, but i don't think they make any steel toes.

i went with a pair of cats - mostly because of the sole ... i drag my heels (literally) and if theres not a lot of rubber in the back ill go through boots real quick- so far no complaints whatsoever - way more comfortable than any of red wings ive owned at almost half the price -- see how well the soles hold up on steel and concrete - but for less than 100$ and the way my feet feel at the end of the day im 100 percent satisfied so far.

dont know about steel toes (i have hated ever pair i have ever owned) but i wear justin boots every day

Latest posts

Back