Stewart's T

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both post were finished off.
052-6.jpg

What was left of the radio hole next to the glove box was welded up and the right side of the dash had some more welding done to it. It's getting close to being done.
047-6.jpg

The way the body is welded up I wasn't for sure how much flex would go through it. Some spots I knew that if I used platic filler(Bondo, ect) that it would sooner or later crack. We will put this All Metal to the test. If it works on here it will work on anything.
041-9.jpg

I really like this stuff. It's not like working with plastic filler at all. It's made from aluminum powder and resin.
055-6.jpg

I used the All Metal around all the welds and spots that I thought may come up with stress cracks. At 30 to 45 bucks a quart it's not cheap but it's worth it. You can top coat it with a plastic filler. I don't use Bondo brand fillers but a nice plastic filler works and is more workable than the cheap stuff.
040-9.jpg

057-4.jpg
[/

I sanded a little of the hi spots off the All Metal and used some plastic, the green stuff to fill in the small stuff and to smooth everything out. There is still alot of filling and sanding to do to get everything smooth but you get the idea.
060-5.jpg
'
062-2.jpg

I have a little more welding on the right side of the dash.

I'm done for now with body work. I want to get it running and a few miles on it. After that I will finsh up the body work and shoot some paint. For now she's running some primer.
015-14.jpg

016-12.jpg

018-13.jpg

Little more body work and it was time to shoot again. I started spraying but my back was killing me. I was lucky my friend Johnny stopped down, he took over for a while.

025-2.jpg

026-15.jpg
[/quote

This cowl was in bad shape. I was going to weld a strip around it but the metal was too far gone. I was going to try some all metal just to clean it up some but I don't think it would have worked. Someone brought up the idea of using a serpentine belt. You can see where the factory lacing caused it to rust through the years.
004-5.jpg
[/quote

I grabbed a hand full of carriage bolts and washers and started sanding on them. Cleaned them up and then shot them with some grey primer.
001-6.jpg

The next day I shot them with some gloss white. Looks like the color choice will be black and white on the entire car.
I then took a belt I had hanging on the wall and run with the idea.
011-6.jpg

I had to hog out the holes in the cowl. No biggie. Aryan grabbed the air ratchet and was small enough to squeeze under the cowl to tighten up the carriage bolts as I run them through the belt and the cowl.
014-6.jpg

I still have to trim and mount the very bottom but I will do that when I get the car higher.
018-5.jpg

020-4.jpg

I may run the single carb for now untill I get my 2 carbs for the 2X4 intake.
021-3.jpg
[/

I'm using black steelie wheels on all 4 corners. To keep with the hot rod look a wanted some skinnies for the front. Here is what I used on the front. 2 mini spares. Most would over look them but the rim is 15X4.
001-4.jpg

021-4.jpg
I had a connection on some skinny front runner. These cost me less than $100.00 for both.
022-5.jpg

024-6.jpg

026-6.jpg

I debated on using the rearend I have in it now. 7.5 with 410 gears. The brakes were shot. After letting the guys talk me into leaving the rearend in it I went ahead and put brakes on it with a hardware kit. The adjusters are screwed up a bit so I'm going to buys some adjusters and wheel cylinders. So the T should be able to stop on a dime with disk and everything new.

054-3.jpg

Rebstew, that thing is looking great!! How bout a side shot to give us an idea how the body turned out?
I've had the notion for a long time of doing one almost the same as your'es!!
This just might push me over the edge!! Keep it up!!

Latest posts

Back