Stewart's T

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wanting to get away from the heavy stuff for a night I played with the top. The bows were way to big so a little chopping,welding and bending here and there and within an hour we had our frame for a snap on canvas top.
004-6.jpg

005-5.jpg

After we get the T road worthy we will drive it down to Somerset, Ky to a lady that did the top on our boat a few years ago. She does really good work.
009-6.jpg

Amy looks cold doesn't she...
010-5.jpg

Most of the time the top will be off but if we take off out of state it will be there. Not saying we will use it but it's there if we need it.

Isn't it amazing....you think you've got something down and when it's done, you look at it and you know it just isn't right or the way you want it .....so it's back to the cutting and grinding....but it looks like you're on the right track....by the way, tell Amy that it looks like she is having way too much fun..LOL...

You are so right.
As for Amy she loves this stuff. Don't ask me why. I guess 18 years together it's easier to try to understand why I do this stuff instead of trying to get me out of it. She's hooked now.:D

I was doing some welding but that was short lived when Amy found out that the old bolts wouldn't work due to the thicker carb gasket. We had to stop working and drive to Lowes to get 4 bolts so she could finish her carb.
022-3.jpg

023-4.jpg

030-2.jpg

I'm not much on bolts in an intake for the carb. I ended up buying some carrage bolts and cutting the heads off. Then Amy put them in and used washers and nuts. Home made studs!

Back on the bed I guess. I don't have a nice bender so it's the old fashion way on the square tubing.
003-5.jpg

Math does come into play when doing some hot rodding. [S
Make your marks.
005-6.jpg

Time to cut.
006-6.jpg

Fold it up till it's true.
017-4.jpg

Few spot welds here and there.
022-4.jpg

Time consuming but after a while it's all welded up. Heat is an issue so you have to jump around or drink a pop between some welds.
026-3.jpg

You think the carb was bad you should have seen her when I went to Jegs and grabbed this fuel sell for the t. The fuel cell has been holding us up a bit. Amy has been wanting to get one a for a while now. Do you think she was happy to get it?
029-4.jpg

027-3.jpg

030-3.jpg

As always I'm jumping all over the place. While reshaping the A pillars I knew it would have a visor. I didn't want a typical visor. It had to be a little different. Something that would roll down the front instead of just kicking back on the corners. It's not all the way done yet but here are a few pics from Amy and my night in the garage.
Before.
037-11.jpg

After
008-4.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKYt7ZsuaXE

I made a template and then yanked out the 16 gauge.
052-1.jpg

Tossed it in the half home made bead roller and gave it some style. :roll:
067-1.jpg

068-1.jpg

069-2.jpg

Latest posts

Back