Stolen hot rod in florida

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The problem isn't worrying about your friends, but it is the people who they might say something to. Thieves are VERY good at what they do and smart, they will use any info they can pickup on to find stuff to steal.

Don
Got to thinkin bout it after I posted [S
It is the ones that get told, from someone who was telling about the cool stuff, without realizing the consequences :eek:

I think he has quite a number of them....(problems that is)

I suspect that the vehicle is sitting in some buddies place waiting for the right time to "resurrect" it..... "oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive" A lot of wasted sympathy on a jacka$$ who thought he could pull one over on everyone.....what an idiot....[S

Sounds like he built the car and originally claimed it was a 32 Ford with a new engine, kinda like a lot of guys would do. His rebuild might have been better and was probably worth more than a 'new' engine. The car probably is worth 70G$. BUT, insurance companies hate to pay claims and will try very hard not to. Apparently he thought it was only the cops he had to fool...

Believe nothing you hear and half of what you read.

Media is not fact. Accusations are easy to make. So are criticisms. So the insurance company doesn't like his documentation and cry wolf. They probably know less about a '32 Ford than I do about women.

On an entirely different subject, I was once wrongfully accused. The powers that be put together the "facts" as they saw fit. Pure BS but I had to defend myself at considerable cost. Nobody gave a damn whether I was innocent or not. They "made their case" and drug me thru the mud along with my reputation and dignity.

That said, if he's guilty, let him swing for it. If he's not, he's got river of sewage to swim thru.

If he is guilty let him hang for it. If hes not how much money was wasted on this "investigation" i think this country has bigger problems that deserve as much attention or more as **** like this. Just my 2 cents

Nothing new here cops cant find the car so easy target is the guy who owned it......happens all the time in America
How about some real investigation find the car and PROVE who stole it.....

could be this guy....OR.....someone else.....

Tmann....did you do something bad?????

I feel dirty

Did you fudge something with your insurance co??? Like nobody else ever has....but fudging a car theft.... he is committing fraud among other things, then he should face the consequences...plain and simple...if not quilty then so be it....
Dougndog....".Nothing new here cops cant find the car so easy target is the guy who owned it......happens all the time in America
How about some real investigation find the car and PROVE who stole it"
Investigation was done....found that paperwork to the state had been allegedly falsified...that IS good investigating....do you really think the cops are going to search house to house looking for it.....nope, they will gather enough evidence to try to get him to reveal what happened to the car......not sure what happened to you in the past but most cops want to find the bad guys and will turn over a ton of stones to do it....if the guy is guilt then he'll pay, if not then he won't....not sure what you expect...[S

Sounds like we still don't know who stole it, if it was. the investigators got off the trail of the theif by getting sidetracked to the title fraud and pursued it instead. Makes me glad I jumped thru the hoops to get mine titled legitmately as a Specially Constructed Vehicle.

Blue

In order to work on my new Rat Rod I had to store my '46 in a friends garage.
When I pulled it out of the garage last week to take it to a show the next door neighbor was surprised to see it.
That is trust in my friend for not telling anybody that I was storing it in his garage.
Nobody knows, so nobody can tell others.........Show it at the shows and not in your garage.

weld on.....[;)

What insurance company is he going through i wonder? Why ask? This angle they are playing with a glass 32 should be exploited to all rodders! Why? How many street rodders out there have glass 32s insured out like this guy as glass 32s? TONS! The insurance company has no problem charging us for 70k worth of insurance on cars like this.. So he ran the numbers and the engine didnt match lol! So if it was a steel 32 would they still say it was assembled because of non numbers matching here because i have a different rear end and engine in my 30 hot rod.. Another words im not ranting just saying if this guy has progressive insurance i need to make a phone call to them asap and start asking a few questions on my coverage as a rodder

I see a lot of people lying about what their cars are just to save a buck on insurance or to get around the state inspection. I built my 48 Ford coupe and it is legally registered as a street rod because it is modified . I am required to have the Maine state inspection which it passes as well as the NSRA 23 point inspection. Many guys would cheat and register it as an antique in which case the state inspection is not required. I feel this kind of thing is stupid on their part because what insurance company wouldn't love to deny a claim because a vehicle owner lied about the vehicle.

Latest posts

Back