Stolen Taillights

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A guy I worked with restored a Porsche 356 for his wife's birthday. One night, they took the Porsche out to a restaurant. When they came out, 5 guys were carrying the Porsche down the street. He yelled at them, they dropped the Porsche and ran. They were lucky, he was a Sgt for the Sheriffs Dept.

It is absolutely amazing what some people will steal. Apparently some one else the same night lost a tailgate at the other end of ky street. That was a new f150.

The lights were off my daily driver pickup. I put them on there six years ago. Believe me if I find the little ******* he will get his! Probably won't shoot him but might come close to that!

My 87 F150 was recently 'broken into' (I never lock it) and the ashtray thrown on the ground - along with the change inside it. [S Apparently they were planning to steal my broken factory AM/FM radio and thought better of it.:confused: ....idiots.

i don't take kindly to thieves i don't think i would shoot one on my property but in my house he is going to die! on thing that seems to help a lot is a 150 lb dog who barks when someone is in the yard :) i still end up with my gas being siphoned sometimes when i park in front of the fence but a locking gas cap puts a stop to that

the thing that has ****ed me off the most was when someone was stealing our sheep! we ended up missing 30 head last year and there wasn't that many dead ones in the field so you know it wasn't dogs/coyotes and for some reason the gate that goes into the corral was closed once and a while. the best we can figure was they were herding them into the corral with 4 wheeler then hauling them off in a trailer.

my grandpa has out smarted a few thieves a few years back some thieves were cutting the fuel lines off his gas powered dump truck and draining the gas so one night he filled it full of diesel the next day he noticed a broken down rice rocket down the street from his house lol he also put nails in road when someone kept stealing his turkeys

Someone (kids) stole a bunch of CD's out of my truck. Found them in the street not far away. Guess they didn't like my taste in music.

Someone (kids) stole a bunch of CD's out of my truck. Found them in the street not far away. Guess they didn't like my taste in music.

Nothing like good taste to keep kids from stealing! :D

Didn't they used to hunt down and hang people for stealing livestock? That was a good idea.

Same thing happened to me a little over a year ago, except they ended up in the hands of the police. I had called and said my truck was gone through and what was missing. Got a call later that day, asking if I wanted my cd's back. The officer came to drop it off, and in his exact words "I know who did this, they probably took one look after they grabbed this stuff, realised it wasn't 50 Cent and threw them on your neighbors lawn. I can't tell you who they are, but I would keep a pretty close eye on your stuff from now on."

6 months later dead of winter, taking the dog out for a walk at 5:30am. I noticed a set of tracks up the driveway, right up to the wifes car door, then to my truck door, back to the sidewalk, then up my neighbors driveway, back out, and in an out every driveway down the street. Funny enough the dumb buggar led me right to his house. Would have loved to have knocked on the door and tuned him in, but figured I'd get the short end of the that stick. So I just let everyone in the neighborhood know, along with his parents who weren't all that supprised, then he got tagged with a bunch of drugs shortly after this and havent seen him since...

Same thing happened to me a little over a year ago, except they ended up in the hands of the police. I had called and said my truck was gone through and what was missing. Got a call later that day, asking if I wanted my cd's back. The officer came to drop it off, and in his exact words "I know who did this, they probably took one look after they grabbed this stuff, realised it wasn't 50 Cent and threw them on your neighbors lawn. I can't tell you who they are, but I would keep a pretty close eye on your stuff from now on."

6 months later dead of winter, taking the dog out for a walk at 5:30am. I noticed a set of tracks up the driveway, right up to the wifes car door, then to my truck door, back to the sidewalk, then up my neighbors driveway, back out, and in an out every driveway down the street. Funny enough the dumb buggar led me right to his house. Would have loved to have knocked on the door and tuned him in, but figured I'd get the short end of the that stick. So I just let everyone in the neighborhood know, along with his parents who weren't all that supprised, then he got tagged with a bunch of drugs shortly after this and havent seen him since...

Thats GREAT!!!

Similar story happened to my buddy last summer. Some one stole his fourwheeler out of his dad's barn. We went out the back of the barn and noticed the tracks going out down along side of the field. We jumped on his neighbors rhino and followed the tracks six miles through weeds and fields and what not all the way to the guys house to the garage!! Called the cops they came out forced the guy to open the garage and there sat his four wheeler with four others that had been stolen in the last month!! We thought it was hilarious!! The thief is now a resident of the state, has been and will be for a while. Apparently it was not his first offense.

Living on a dead end road in a remote rural area this sign is prominently posted by the gate at the entrance to my driveway...

It has been VERY effective in discouraging uninvited "guests"...

I always laugh when I see people(?) pull up to the driveway, read the sign, look around and quickly back up and disappear.

Attachments

• 152-486_A.jpg
    152-486_A.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 5
my other grandpa had his cassettes stolen by a "special" (or what ever word we are suppose to use this week) man and sold back to him the next day at 5 cents a peice. my grandpa gladly handed the man $5 and told him to keep the change plus my grandpa got a good chuckle out of it so it was worth it in entertainment value

Latest posts

Back