Stopin by to say Hi!! and check out my 31

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very well done.I have followed this link from Kb,CHR,RRR.You have done an outstanding job with pics and the build.Like I said before.Will you lend me Donny for maybe a month or so?lol lol .He has done an excellent job keeping you in your time frame.My hat is off to both of you.I am sure that Donny will be real proud when the car is done.

Good luck Last and keep the pics a flowin.

Thanks guys, it is nice to see all the work of putting the 170 pics on line is worth it. I do plan on driving the car saturday night. I will be doing door cards and working on some floor covering Friday. He will finish the wireing and the shifter too. We are within hours of all this paying off.

Zach

We are down to a few little things, conecting a few wires, oil, gas, ATF, and install a few last min parts and we could be driving it Saturday after noon. Check the link for up to date pics

Zach

I DROVE IT TODAY!

Yes it moves under it's own power, there are a few last little things for Donny to handle tonight, palte braket in back, the grill mount and the aire cleaner needs a little work too. Check the fluids and the burn out will be so soon.....

Pics and vids.....
141-4147_IMG.jpg

141-4146_IMG.jpg

141-4148_IMG.jpg

1st cruise!!!

Last-call,
Thanks for sharing that 1st drive with us, really looks great. I found it funny to see it cruise by that 4x4 sittin' really hi up!

BoB

Thank you so much for all the support you guys gave us. Donny buttoned up all the little things today and gave me the ok to take it home! So the final cost is yet to be determaned. After the show this weekend I will do the final cost and time frame. I am hoping to figure out the hours we have in it. Burn out video soon..........

Thanks
Zach

Well I have a little update on the car. I have just over 250 miles on the car now and it has been a blast. We have a oil leak from the front seal....who cares, and the speedo cable broke. Thats it. It goes down the road with one finger on the wheel. It rides so smooth, you forget that you are in a 31 rat. I think that out of all the cars I have had, this is the funnest to drive.

I went to back to the 50's this weekend. This is the biggest show in the state, just over 15,000 cars and 300,000+ people over the weekend. This was the show that we made a dead line for. I rolled in Friday at 8 am and was parked in 10 mins. From that point on I was swarmed with people till I rolled out at 6. I was parked between two 40+ thousand street rods and they had little to no lookers. But there was my rusty little rat in the middle of a crowd all day.

I talked to everyone I could, they all had ?'s. There was one point that I was talking about the build and I looked around and there were 15 guys standing there listening to me talk. I had one guy and some lady tell me I had the coolest car at the show. I thought that was huge. Don't get me wrong, there were a few that did not understand it, and some that did not like it. But hey I knew that would happen.

I talked with several guys, normal blue calor guys, too guys with 150 grand street rods. And they all agreeded that the look of a street rod was getting old. The one color body, billet directional wheels, and 18's and 20's wheels and tires and "custom" inteiror was getting played. The guy I was blown away by had a 55 chevy. 100% perfect all custom, he and his wife were millonairs. He had the car built 4 years ago, he had never driven it...not ever. He said that it won a ton of shows and he loved it. But he started to feel like his passion for cars was dying. All the work in that car and it never drove under it's own power. This guy looked over my car for a hour the 1st time, then brought his wife by, then his buddies and family. He asked for my e mail to help him find and build a rat. His wife was so pumped that they were going to have a car to go drive around in.....

I hope this guys goes with this and makes a car. Seeing this happen makes me wonder if a change in the rodding world is coming? What do you think?

Latest posts

Back