straight razor

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do you shave?

• straight

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D E

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I first shave with a disposable then use a Norelco electric to go over it again for anything I might have missed. Started doing that when I worked in suits and ties, otherwise I would have a 5 oclock shadow by noon. :D

I have had a few shaves by barbers over the years who used a straight razor, and never felt comfortable with one of those pressed to my throat.

Don

I first shave with a disposable then use a Norelco electric to go over it again for anything I might have missed. Started doing that when I worked in suits and ties, otherwise I would have a 5 oclock shadow by noon. :D

I have had a few shaves by barbers over the years who used a straight razor, and never felt comfortable with one of those pressed to my throat.

Don

I agree 100%!!!! I cut myself enough with a disposable, can't imagine EVER using a straight razor, or worse having someone else using it on me!!!!....:D..CR

Dude... if u get a straight razor... be sure to get a styptic pencil. That is a lil white stick of coagulant. U'll need it because u'll cut u're self quite a lot. In my youth I got shaved by a barber with one & thought it was kool so I got one. I butchered my face & quit using it in the 1st week. Trust me... there's a reason people don't use them any more... u're face will thank u!!! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

Haha, I remember my Dan and Grandpap having a straight razor and also one of those pencils you mention Bob. Also a cup and brush to make up the shaving cream. I don't remember them having one of those straps to sharpen the razor, so not sure how they did that though.

Don

I don't use a straight razor, just cause I am chicken. I have had a straight razor shave twice from a barber, once for my uncles wedding and once for a friends... was the smoothest shave I think I have ever had. Would love to learn how to do it but as said above I cut myself enough with a disposable...

I don't remember them having one of those straps to sharpen the razor, so not sure how they did that though.

Don,
I had a strap just like the old barbers had... that made the blade razor sharp... any small mistake was paid for in blood. Thought I better quit while I was ahead & still had a head!!! :D

BoB

i have been looking at getting a straight razor set up for a few years now. i have been shaving with a plain old gillete mach 3 (or whatever the name is) but i have been using shaving soap and a brush for about 10 years now. i have used a straight razor before and if you keep in nice and sharp using a strop, with some practice you will not need a stiptic stick. it all comes down to practice, although you will lose a little bit of blood in the process.

The answer is NO...

Attachments

• smilin me 005 (Small).jpg
    smilin me 005 (Small).jpg
    44 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts

Back