Stunt Driving With a Trailer

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PA41

'Bout had a wreck towing a car home Sunday night, and I still need a drink!!

I bought an 82 Mustang coupe off eBay to put my JDM RB25DET in, and had a gal in a little red Honda run a red light right in front of me when I was trailering it home! Six oclock at night in a heavy rain, lots of traffic, doing about 40 on a 4 lane. My trucks antilock brakes worked good, but the trailer brakes locked up and it--and the mustang--started comming around on me as I was steering to avoid her--as she turned away from me--doing some sort of ballet/syncronized driving thing in the rain. I was watching the roof of her car out my passenger side window as we did a syncronized 180. Never touched her!! All the other cars were doing a flying circus around us too--and nobody touched anyone!

All sortta dream like--or nightmarish!

Like I said---It's been 3 days and I still need a drink!!

Cars is fun.

PA41

glad you and the rig are ok, hope it scared a little sense into her, but probably not. I haul horses all the time, people are amazing.

Scary!!!!I pull a car trailer with me everyday and you wouldn't believe some of the stupid things people do...glad you and your vehicles survived untouched...cr

I hate it when that happens..

I almost killed my wife dragging a 1957 VW Kombi home, but it was my fault that time. I was merging to the right for an entrance ramp and almost dragged her into a tractor trailer rig. We were towing the Kombi with a rope across Houston. Man, she made the Kombi smell pretty bad, lol..

Good to hear ya made it through OK PA! Is your Cupcake mad you were dancing with another woman?

We were towing ... with a rope ... across Houston

You might as well have started the trip with 'Hey Ya'll, watch this!' I've done just as dim stuff myself, so I'm not pointing fingers.

Very lucky!!!! Went with a buddy a few years ago to pick up some welding equipment in a dodge dakota... We had to much weight on the trailor and locked up the brakes to avoid a moose on a down hill. The trailer swung out in front of us and threw us in the ditch. No one was hurt but ended up twisting the trailer and truck. Total right off. We learned are lessons not to over load trailers.

Frightened the **** out of us.

Good to hear ya made it through OK PA! Is your Cupcake mad you were dancing with another woman?

You might as well have started the trip with 'Hey Ya'll, watch this!' I've done just as dim stuff myself, so I'm not pointing fingers.

hahah.. We did start the trip out like that..lol.. Young and stupid days.. Wish that was the only stupid thing I've done over my quest for the perfect build, hahha

Latest posts

Back