that 'other' board...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They kinda remind me of a line from a TV series,
"I never expected the Spanish inquisition!"
and yet another!
"now go away, or I will taunt you a second time!"

They kinda remind me of a line from a TV series,
"I never expected the Spanish inquisition!"
and yet another!
"now go away, or I will taunt you a second time!"
Im not knocking the board - I need to make myself perfectly clear on that. I am an Alliance Vendor for them and the guy who does it is cool. All I am saying is that some of the posters there lately have taken a nasty turn -and more cyincal than they ever have been - and I dont understand why. It just seems like only a chosen few out there are accepted (and put on a godly pedestal) while there are so many others out here that do the same thing and know just as much- dont knock them because of it- be happy so many people want to offer knowldegable advice! Just bumms me out when people are so negative.

Ok , now I know,the HAMB has always been that way i guess thats what threw me off.However going in the other direction I see more and more new guys and some old guys standing up to the trouble makers. If you are looking foe specific advise and use the search function properly there is a wealth of info there. I sometimes wish some one would tell the " instant knowledge seekers " to do a search first. You dont have to be nasty about it. When I as in the early planning stages of Ratzilla I discovered the HAMB , believe it or not I spent 3 months and looked at every thread they had,I saved and booked marked enough info so that i felt confident to at least to attempt to build a vehicle from scratch. They are like any other resource , you got to pick and choose. Society in general has become much less civil these days. I'm not gonna say people were better in my day , but I can tell you the thought that you might get your a** kicked kept a lot of people in line.LFE

Ok , now I know,the HAMB has always been that way i guess thats what threw me off.However going in the other direction I see more and more new guys and some old guys standing up to the trouble makers. If you are looking foe specific advise and use the search function properly there is a wealth of info there. I sometimes wish some one would tell the " instant knowledge seekers " to do a search first. You dont have to be nasty about it. When I as in the early planning stages of Ratzilla I discovered the HAMB , believe it or not I spent 3 months and looked at every thread they had,I saved and booked marked enough info so that i felt confident to at least to attempt to build a vehicle from scratch. They are like any other resource , you got to pick and choose. Society in general has become much less civil these days. I'm not gonna say people were better in my day , but I can tell you the thought that you might get your a** kicked kept a lot of people in line.LFE

It just seems there was a big shift this year- everyone is negative and doubting -or so it seems. I thik its bad cases of email Ba**s- you know where you say stuff in email or threads youd never say face to face.

It IS a great source for info- and more people need to just lighten up and LIKE each other...LOL

I know there has been a bunch of press about the site- maybe it started ti get newbiews off track -dunno

All I know is that I try to always be nice and professional - you never know who is reading.

SO true!!!

All I know is that I try to always be nice and professional - you never know who is reading.

Truer words were *never* spoken. That's what a lot of people don't realize. These are public forums & you *never* know who is reading what you are saying & how you are acting! It's a permanent record you may one day very well regret!!!

Sometimes Karma's a very cruel Mistress!!!

BoB

Last edited:
Chopshop, Like I said in my earlier post it's a great site, and I refuse to bash it. I just got that "feeling" from reading many of the responces others have posted there. Oh, by the way, my last post was my feeble attempt at humor! What do you expect from a Monty Python fan.

Truer words were *never* spoken. That's what a lot of people don't realize. These are public forums & you *never* know who is reading what you are saying & how you are acting! It's a permanent record you may one day very well regret!!!

BoB

Boy do I know about that, you can't even make fun of a guy in a clown suit, without stirring the pot. I think the big H has made great strides lately in policing themselves, and locking down threads that are going no where. And it is still the most informative hot rod site in the world.

Hey ill bash it for you. Ive been on HAMB several times and asked simple straight forward questions and got smartass responces like read a book! God forbid you should question the hot rod nazis. I avoid HAMB because its the only site they tries to make you look stupid for asking a question....

I guess anything is possible Tripper. Maybe your right its been a couple of years since Ive been on the HAMB. I tried to get some info on angles of inclination for traditional front suspension and drive lines. Real basic stuff. I got some rap about being green and how I should read a book. Not one time either. I guess its possible they were just screwing around.

I'll take a shot at em' too. I never heard of this forum but was told to come here for making a comment about a guy who asked a question about a tractor grill. I was new their also and it seems the "newbies" get bashed the most, legitimate question/response or not. BUT if one of the guys who is liked makes the same comment, he gets glorious praise. Great info there, but I'll just snoop as a guest from now on. This forum ROCKS!

Last edited:
the one that that rhymes with BAM... Again - I LIKE the board just dont understand the change in tone.. Maybe Ill just back off of it for a while and see if maybe iyts just the winter blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back