The Build Begins, 41 Chevy Truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well guys
this build has taken a turn and its all Bob W's fault:)
his dragster build has flung a craving on me, i want to go racing, building a 9" ford rear with 5:43 gears that were donated, set of 10.5 slicks with wide 5 stock car wheels.
Tracy

moronthethrottle, I'm planning on the 1/8 mile as quick as possible:), i think i will run out of engine before i get to the finish line, but i will have a blast, i need a governor for it, that rear end is mighty low, i would have to turn it mighty hard to get any speed out of it,if it don't work good on the track it will do good in the burn out contest, the local drag strip is having a nostalgia weekend 22, 23 of may, I'm shooting to have it ready for that weekend

Zippy, that grill is one that i made out of 16 ga.

Well guys it's been a while since i posted anything, on the truck, i have been doing some mod's on it, the old transmission was not going to work out with out some major money, so i went with a th 350, installed a manual valve body kit, that worked out pretty good, went to the local 1/8 mile strip last night, test and tune night, it went pretty good i think we can do better with a few changes, like tire height and timing we can get it faster, here are some videos from last night, Tracy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9GU8F4Wcyw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziAZU97mhBI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nWFnFUmoIU

nice to see your still at it blademan.Looks like the trucks come a long ways !
I've always wanted to try racing one of my rods but have never got around to it .Looks like fun though!!

Cool blademan I'm going to have to make the trip over to watch you run one weekend. Are you going to cruisin the coast

Thanks guys, we are having a blast, already looking for a bigger engine, Tiny we cant make it cruising the coast this year, looking to start a new build and saving all the dollars i can, maybe next year, Tracy

thanks guys, yea Bob it sure does, now its time to start the up grades, i have found a 4-71 blower set up, that i want real bad! it may take a year or so to get the blower engine ready to go, but it will be fun when it does happen, Tracy

Blade truck looks killer. Love the drag vids. Love seein it on the strip runnin WFO, Where is the track at. What part of fla. I am in ga and if its close enough would make a day trip to see ya. Buildin a 41 also.

Well guys when i started this thread i said i was trying for a .50 cents per pound build, well i finally was able to weigh it today, and i missed it, i ended up at .53 cents per pound

The truck weighed in at 2666 lb. i was real pleased with the
weight distribution 51% on the front axle 49% on the rear.

But not to be misleading to any of you guys, this was years of collecting parts before i started this build, and some dang good friends that donated parts and time and having access to some pretty good scrap metal i didn't purchase any metal for this project.

I could not start another build like this tomorrow and expect to do it as fast or on this low of a budget.

Well now on to the next chapter, 1953 Chevrolet Truck Build coming soon, Tracy

Latest posts

Back