The Build Begins, 41 Chevy Truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guy's sure work fast, keep up the good work!!

BTW what gauge steel did you use on your floor?

well we made some more progress this week, got the stacks mounted
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

got the rear wheels cut out and welded back into the 15 " rims going to run the stock 16 x 4" on the front 15 x 8" on the back
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

got the bed sides tacked up, i think they turned out pretty good
standard.jpg

then we got the tires that im going to run on the back and tried my hand at grinding white walls, they look pretty good at 10 ft. but going down the highway they will look great.
standard.jpg

Thanks for looking, Tracy

looking good Blademan.. I believe i like the rally wheel before the new insert but I've always like rally wheel. Keep up the good work. When ya get er done ride over one weekend

hey thanks Tiny, i like the rally wheels better too, but i got a full set of original hub caps thats the reason for the new centers, i think they will look good when i get them on the truck, maybe we can get together some time, i need to find out when they start meeting up over at Foley Al. Tracy

not a whole lot of progress this week, got the wheels blasted and painted, took a while to clean 60 plus years of red clay from the hub caps but they came pretty clean, Tracy
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

drive shaft hoops

:cool:
well we have had a pretty good week, got the steering column mounted, mazda column striped and slightly modified up around the wheel and the mounting flange,
standard.jpg

got the floor frame work and drive shaft loops in and started cutting out the sheet metal for the floor,
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Blademan, great lookin' project. I'm pleased to see your interest in safety, with the driveshaft loops. The results of a broken front u-joint can be real ugly without one, or two in your case. Good work. I bought a 46 chev 3/4t last spring, no pics as yet.

well i got the tailgate built tonight, it took longer to remove the panel from the donor gate than it did to build the new frame, they believed in tack welds and of course i had to clamp it on the truck and see how it looks, Tracy
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

well spent the better half of the day trying to get the tires mounted and find some for the front, but it payed off,
standard.jpg

i like them better with the trim rings, just got to find another one for the front 16" hint hint
standard.jpg

and i really like the rear view, Tracy
standard.jpg

Last edited:
The trim rings really do add to your truck's good appearance. Looks like you have a happy helper too.

Thanks Bob, well i spent the afternoon at the local junkyard and it was good, got steering u-joints and another trim ring for the front wheel luck was on my side, didn't have any luck finding a air cleaner need more time to walk the yard, got home and mocked up the steering column, just need to find some material and that will be done, well y'all have a good easter, Tracy

well i got the steering column finished up, if you guys see any problems let me know, don't have to kick the tires every time i push it outside
standard.jpg

now i got to start on the exhaust, looking for some rams horn manifolds, later, Tracy

Thanks Falconvan, well i found a air cleaner and some manifolds, spent better part of the mourning removing wrung off studs, but everything came out good, Tracy
standard.jpg

Blademan those manifolds are getting hard to find. I really like there look. Back in my old racing days that was the best you could run.

Latest posts

Back