The Gorgatron

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hughdini

1952 Poncho start. 1992 F-250 running gear. The fun is just beginning.

Attachments

• DSCI1204.jpg
    DSCI1204.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 57
  • DSCI1206.jpg
    DSCI1206.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 57
  • DSCI1214.jpg
    DSCI1214.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 63
How well do the track widths match up?

ford is 10" wider. might have to find some railroad offset wheels to tuck in a little, have to see how it looks. Poncho should sit 15" higher than stock when in place. Had a junk L8 and the auto tranny had decent fluid in it when it came out - anyone know what the tranny is worth?

ford is 10" wider. might have to find some railroad offset wheels to tuck in a little, have to see how it looks. Poncho should sit 15" higher than stock when in place. Had a junk L8 and the auto tranny had decent fluid in it when it came out - anyone know what the tranny is worth?

Four wheel drive?

Rear Spring hanger work

Moved forward 13" and tacked in place, rear bolting on 2nite? to figure new driveshaft length.

Attachments

• DSCI1252.jpg
    DSCI1252.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 49
  • DSCI1246.jpg
    DSCI1246.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 42
  • DSCI1244.jpg
    DSCI1244.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 81
Even a cheap set of stands is better than the keg. Gotta keep safety first in our builds !

Tow rig it is, seems my towing needs have exceeded the Colorado's capabilities.

Safety - I agree, in principal anyway. Something about Rats makes me want to press my luck :cool:

Even a cheap set of stands is better than the keg. Gotta keep safety first in our builds !

Keg probably has a larger footprint than storebought jackstands and adequate strength.

All depends on how it sits in the wheel as to whether or not it is safe.

Keg probably has a larger footprint than storebought jackstands and adequate strength.

All depends on how it sits in the wheel as to whether or not it is safe.

One hand: holding up an empty frame - probably not too dangerous as long as you don't get to forceful with stuff.
Other hand: not 1/2 as stable as 2 stands under the rails. Why take a chance?

Anyhoo - interesting drivetrain option for a Poncho.

Is it legal to put a FORD drive train under a GM ??:eek:

Depends on price to me, and always have liked the way a F-250 handles.

Muffler off, spring hangers moved.

Rear is now bolted back in, keg awaits some other load to support haphazardly:cool:

Attachments

• 0707092136.jpg
    0707092136.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 41
That's gonna be crazy. There used to be a 1955 Ford around here that was sky high and 4X4. It looked pretty cool! Good luck!

Axle move

Got driveshaft made, axle back in, brakes bled, rear tank back in, check tonite on how much BFH mod the midship tank will need to clear axle tube. 1 man fuel tank install tool.

Attachments

• DSCI1298.jpg
    DSCI1298.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCI1299.jpg
    DSCI1299.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 29

Latest posts

Back