the h.a.m.b did me in

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lost in the 50s

the h.a.m.b did me in

Attachments

• roflbot-kxYI.jpg
    roflbot-kxYI.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 152
thats all i did was putting my link to my site they got all crazy on me

u wanna know why? look at some of their rods - most are rusty or bare metal or old faded paint - but their cars are "unfinished traditionals" NOT rat rods

I dont remember if I joined that site or not but after reading some of the posts over there I decided it was best if I stayed away.

Funny all it takes is the word RAT and the hambys lose it
Look around lots of rats hiding in the weeds eating cheese ****ing them off over there, but their cars are "unfinished traditionals" NOT rat rods ya right

I think its a combination of jealousy and envy and being able to not understand why their car gets little attention when a rat is at the same show they are attending..[;) I am building a traditional roadster right now with a few custom mods to be different because lets face it if you wanted the same look everyone else had at any given time you could pull up ebay and pick from a list of cars that all look the same now choose from red yellow or black because not only do they have multiples of that same car they have them in those 3 different colors..

They roasted the hell outta me for building my A-Bomb RPU that I am working on.
They didn't like it at all....not fancy pants enuff for 'em :rolleyes:
My signature came from that incident.
I'm building my car anyway...they can blow a goat if they don't like it.

Wp

They all like the xact same ole same ole.

Can you say missionary position with the lights out? RR:D[ddd

Doesn't have to be a Rat.
50's customs are acceptable, but they better not have any Billet on them.

in my mind a rusty car is a rusty car.
thats why i am not enamoured of the hot/rat rod scene in general.
all the cliques and snobbishness
silly hairdoos ugly tats and fake rockabilly.
no thanks
i will just build and drive what i consider a neat car.
i dont need a club or a scene to do that.
[P

You guys are just jealous you can't have a precious paint job that you're afraid to drive on the street for fear you might get a lil stone chip! I for one would *never* own a car that was rusted or in primer... that is totally disgusting!!! :eek:

BoB

If your link was to a business that is against the forum rules as they have a paid vendors area and it wouldn't be fair to the paid venders if anyone could post a link to a business.
It's true there are some sad characters on there who go crazy over this or that but to me they are no worse than the ones that throw off on guys with shiney "bought" vehicles or those that bash guys who trailer to shows, if you stay in this hobby long enough you'll eventually be on both sides of all these issues.
I understand web sites wanting to focus on certain type vehicles and have rules setup to steer that, but I just don't understand why people that don't like something can't just move on without railing on and on about it.

...wait a minute...I think I just did that :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back