The hamb

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

21willys

Is it just me or did they actually make that site harder to use? It's a pain on my iPhone and I don't see a way to switch to a desktop version.

I'm just now learning how to use computers and it's harder for me...mostly I just go there looking for parts anyway, so no big deal, but yes I think it's harder.

Is it just me or did they actually make that site harder to use? It's a pain on my iPhone and I don't see a way to switch to a desktop version.

I'm with you, yes it is harder to use. I have also seen threads on there about how it's not playing nice with some iPhone and IPad users by the way.

I think the new format stinks, but they will only accept posts from the cheerleaders who "love" this new look. :rolleyes: If you try to mention you don't care for it Ryan gets all huffy.

Not sure why they keep playing with it, but every month it changes. RRR has been the same for years and it works great here.

Don

The new format sucks ! Seems if I log onto that site my head starts hurt'n one way or another. Theres some cool dudes that hang around that site. But then theres a few different "cliks" that hang around each other that for the life of me I cant figure out how they can post up some stupid remarks while theyre humpin on each others legs at the same time. Thats why I stick around here.

I think the new format stinks, but they will only accept posts from the cheerleaders who "love" this new look. :rolleyes: If you try to mention you don't care for it Ryan gets all huffy.

Not sure why they keep playing with it, but every month it changes. RRR has been the same for years and it works great here.

Don

You nailed it Don.
Change for the sake of change is not always an improvement. And like many of you I have found the bashing and all around onemanship to be a waste of time and energy.
I have also noticed that at least as far as the custom side is concerned there are some long time heavy weights that no longer post and or have deleted their old posts.
I still visit there and occasionally post but it is down to about 3 threads that are currently running. And though I was encouraged to I have never started a build thread of my custom there.....
Still a great source of info though and Ryan really was a pioneer in starting a site like that. It may have just become Frankensteins monster......
Love it here though.:D
Torchie.

that got me thinkin
i NEVER see rude ,mean or snotty stuff here.
no wonder i come here daily
thanks fellas[cl

Yeah, a while back, they actually split the thing up into different sections and you could find what you wanted without having to go through 10 pages of stuff. That didn't last long though, it went back to the same old mishmash that it has always been. The new format has some cool things, but like Don said, you mention the bad and you get flamed or ignored. I complained about all the bright white space, as did several others, and we were ignored. :mad: It's so bright, after a few minutes my eyes hurt. :eek:

I will also say Tripper has the BEST site around! [cl And some of the most knowledgeable folks, too. I know some of y'all like me are members of both sites, and it seems like y'all do like I do over there, read a lot, post very little. I glad I was told about RRR, it's much more friendly! [cl

Im all for keeping things original and spit shine them or a hot rod thats really nice..if thats what you want ..... but if you dont have the bank account to do those things . and you do the best you can with what you got .. I cant see some one bashing you for it .. hey if it wasnt for us saving these old rides they would have been stripped out or scrapped ,,, at least they are back on the road again ,, or will be . If I want to put a toilet seat in my truck to sit on , well thats my junk ... you know ? If I dont care for your build or what it looks like ... Im not going to tell you that (its yours) do what you want with it . Your Mother always said if you cant say something nice about some thing (shut up ) well some thing like that :D I do love this site ,, even if I do something wrong , I think y'all will tell me but not bash me in the ground ..or try to embarrass me and thats how you learn .. Thanks [cl[cl

One of my life long saying come to mine again.
(i'am sure i didn't come up with this) Those who judge don't count, those who count don't judge. Thanks again to everyone here. tobby

I am not going to insult anyone on their choice of ride.
That ain't how I roll.
I might think it is a terrible looking pos
But why hurt someone's feelings?

In my experience with anything computer related (or technology related even), the words update or upgrade usually mean a less user friendly product.

In other words, change is bad.

RRR is very unique for the fact that we all get along here. We might question something someone is doing, but generally we are very cordial and considerate of one another.

My Son is on some of the Fox Mustang forums because of the car he is now building, and he won't even post there because the people are so rude to each other. No one ever has anything good to say and they love putting each other down.

I think us being the way we are is one big reason for the success of this site, and Tripper has never waivered from his original format. :):)

Don

one thing i did notice about the hamb that i think is funny
it is called the jalopy journal
but if you actually HAVE a jalopy
they ban you....... [S:D:confused:[cl:eek:[P

Latest posts

Back