The NEW Photobucket.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donsrods

Yesterday I wanted to download a few pictures into Photobucket and when I opened it the appearance was totally different from what I have been using for years. I tried to navigate it but couldn't get the pictures to download. Finally, I saw a box that said something to the effect "Return to old Photobucket" so I clicked on it.

The next screen that came up was a questionaire with dropdowns. They were asking for a reason for going back to the old format so I checked "Do not like the new Photobucket" and then in the explanation box I put "I hate the new one."

I got back my old Photobucket and just wanted to tell anyone else that runs into this that they can do what I did and go back to what you have been using.

Progress !!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::mad:

Don

Thanks Don, didnt see that on there. Ive been fighting with the new Photobucket for a couple weeks now. I hate it too.. Going to change it back now. :D

Yeah, I noticed that last week. I'm not to thrilled with the new version, either. I uploaded some pics, wanting them to go to a certain album I already had set up, and they went to another one.:mad: I think I'm gonna back to the old version, too. At least I know how to work it!

I kinda thought others might have the same problem I did, that is why I mentioned it. They evidently had some resistance to people using the new one or they wouldn't have put that "Return to old format" thing in there.

Don

It's simply a 'Beta' version and giving you the option to use the old version is normal.
I've spent a little time playing with it and it's not too bad..a lot easier to navigate around once you play with it.

I have been using the new photobucket for a few weeks. Didn't notice the return to old option.

The new one does suck to a point. I don't like how the links to share the pictures aren't right below them anymore. That is my biggest complaint, other than that, it's not so bad.

The front page layout is kinda neat.

I'm with Neverdone on the share links, takes a couple extra clicks. And I don't like the banner at the bottom. :mad: However I do like how the whole album loads up right off the bat so you can scroll down through all your pics.
I think what it all boils down to is 'change'........and we don't like it :mad::D

I do like the album coming up without pages. I don't see why a foto has to be opened for access to the img link now when it didn't before. Would be sweet if you could just hold down ctrl and pickup multiple pix to take elsewhere like you can when loading into P-bucket.

All I use is the mobile version on my iPhone. It tried to get me to update and I refused. Maybe that's why it's been acting up lately. It took me most of the day yesterday to get a album to open.

I use Image Shack because it's really easy and I'm far from a computer wizard. I haven't had this problem but everybody seems to hate the new Photobucket.

Thanks for the tip Don.

I switched back and submitted my comments including the acronym, "OSFTSB"... One Step Forward, Two Steps Back. :D

.......... I don't see why a foto has to be opened for access to the img link now when it didn't before.

Hey E-man, you don't have to actually open the pic......scroll over the pic and click on the little gear/snowflake thingy in the upper right hand corner and a menu drops down, then click on 'get media links' and a link menu drops down, then click img code to copy like before. :cool:

Latest posts

Back