The sickness continues

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cycledog

A really rusty biker
I am sick, I know this. There seems to be no cure for the madness.
I have a 55 version of the "Lowe Coupe", designed by Robert Bourke.

Now I seem to have a 50 Commander coupe designed by the same folks. Raymond Lowe and Robert Bourke, the same guy, Lowe, who designed the Coca Cola bottle among other things( Check out the locomotives and pencil sharpeners he designed). May be I just have man love for Lowe:D:eek:

I can owe both of these to my wife, maybe she is the one that needs the cure and not me.:D

Gonna try to put a Chevy 261 in this one just to be different. Looks like it should fit.

commander2.jpg
commander1.jpg

Neat Stude you should be able to build a great hot rod with it.
In the back ground I see a Barracuda that I would like some info on if possible. The reason is a customer of mine today was telling me about his 65 Barracuda that he bought new in high school. Still has the original 273 with a factory 4 speed. He wants to hire someone to do a full resto and is willing to pay good money. I am not sure how many parts are available for a resto and adding front disc. Got any ideas?

Neat Stude you should be able to build a great hot rod with it.
In the back ground I see a Barracuda that I would like some info on if possible. The reason is a customer of mine today was telling me about his 65 Barracuda that he bought new in high school. Still has the original 273 with a factory 4 speed. He wants to hire someone to do a full resto and is willing to pay good money. I am not sure how many parts are available for a resto and adding front disc. Got any ideas?

I also had a 65 just after I got out of High School. 273 with dual point ignition and four speed. The four speed will be bullet proof in that car, they used the same tranny for the big blocks. Rear end is week if it still has the 7.25. I put a posi in mine.

Check these sites. Allpar.com Slantsix.org

Most all hard parts are still available. Disc conversion is easy, you can use Volare discs to do the conversion. A few forums out there will have all the info you need. That cuda is actually a parts car for my 66 Valiant convert.

feeling a little green with envy...... I would love a stude.... come to think of it, there aren't many cars I wouldn't love to have........... [S :rolleyes:

I also had a 65 just after I got out of High School. 273 with dual point ignition and four speed. The four speed will be bullet proof in that car, they used the same tranny for the big blocks. Rear end is week if it still has the 7.25. I put a posi in mine.

Check these sites. Allpar.com Slantsix.org

Most all hard parts are still available. Disc conversion is easy, you can use Volare discs to do the conversion. A few forums out there will have all the info you need. That cuda is actually a parts car for my 66 Valiant convert.

Thanks for the info. This guys 65 is a really clean car to restore.

ok speaking of Studes ....... I'll add this.

Graphic rendition of my Custom '50, by Nick Mamchych of iNvision Graphics and Design Niagara Falls Ont.

DarrellsHotrodStudie.jpg

Last edited:
I don't wish to steal this thread but Thank You I appreciate the accolade ....
I'm dying to drive this thing before I'm 6' under. lol
Frame is now certified finally ... lots of BS there.
The car is to be repainted, the paint had some issues.
So I'm eliminating the door vents and straightening the window track for one piece glass before that happens.
Then it can go for final inspection and licencing.
I'm retired now so money is a bit tight.

StudiePhotoShop-1.jpg

DarrellsHotrodStudie.jpg

Latest posts

Back