The Storm the took Russo Steele Down

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dvapteam

Heys guys, not sure if any one has seen the damage but here is a link to a short video of some of the cars that were hit by the storm here in Phoenix are the Russo Steele auction. It so sad to see it but it's a must see.
http://www.allclassicsllc.com/home/2010-russo-and-steele-damages
We had a 69 Chevelle 396 in there that only just a few dents in the roof so we got away with repair damage but some these poor guys have total loss and un-repairable damage....

After watching that I think I need to throw up now. I can't imagine how devastated some of those guys must feel. Insurance can't ever replace the TLC invested in some of those classics.

I'm very sorry to hear about the damage to your car. Your really lucky it wasn't worse.

T1

It was pretty sad to talk with some of the guys, the worst was that Russo wouldn't let any one back in for 2 days and it rained no stop, there were about 60 cervts out there, all with the tops down for whole storm.... some cars look like the Hulk sat and beat the crap out of em with a sledge hammer.....But I guess Bone has a point.....this is what do and they all have the chance to come back to life.

Wow.

I've become a little disenchanted with the whole "Investment Car" movement over the past several years...Nonetheless, whether the restoration work was done by a pro or just some Joe Car Enthusiast in his home shop, MANY THOUSANDS of hours of caring labour has been lost there.:(

What about the "survivor" type cars, you know, the rare, unrestored, well-preserved originals? Sad when a car has survived three, four, or five decades on this planet without ANY major damage or molestation and WHAMMO! it's all snuffed out in the wink of an eye. Like has been said here about the whole "patina" debate-you just can't fake THAT kind of originality. It's a survivor for a reason. And now, the owner has just seen his car devalued by many thousands of dollars because it will now need to be restored.

Chainers or not, my heart goes out to these folks. I hope there weren't too many injuries or casualties of people there, either.

Regards,
Shea:)

Last edited:
Wow.

I've become a little disenchanted with the whole "Investment Car" movement over the past several years...Nonetheless, whether the restoration work was done by a pro or just some Joe Car Enthusiast in his home shop, MANY THOUSANDS of hours of caring labour has been lost there.:(

What about the "survivor" type cars, you know, the rare, unrestored, well-preserved originals? Sad when a car has survived three, four, or five decades on this planet without ANY major damage or molestation and WHAMMO! it's all snuffed out in the wink of an eye. Like has been said here about the whole "patina" debate-you just can't fake THAT kind of originality. It's a survivor for a reason. And now, the owner has just seen his car devalued by many thousands of dollars because it will now need to be restored.

Chainers or not, my heart goes out to these folks. I hope there weren't too many injuries or casualties of people there, either.

Regards,
Shea:)

I have to agree with most everything said...too many "investors" out there making the price of cars unobtainable to most. And yes the repercussions of that tragedy will be felt for a long time! very sad!!:(...CR

Sum of you guys ain't got a clue!
I had 3 cars there and I ain't no "Chainer"
I think ya need to do sum research B4 ya open yer mouth and insert yer foot.

NUFF SAID[P[cl

NUFF SAID[P[cl

I don't think he was suggesting everyone there was a chainer DA. He's just sayin' he even feels bad for the ones that built their car with a check-book. We all do.

Hope your cars didn't get hit too bad. Some of those look like King Kong got a hold of 'em.

Hope none of you get jerked around by the lawyers and insurance either. I'm starting to see bad things about how things are being handled.....

NUFF SAID[P[cl

I just wanted to post the tragedy not start word wars so I do apologise to my fellow RRR members, but DA3 is pretty dead one. Un like the Barrette Jackson which is majority of your higher-end investors and museums/ collectors ( not discrediting any one for or against), the Russo Steele seems to be more of your normal and average Joes that spend there life savings on a car to keep the hobby going, even if this was to happen to a rat rod only show with same devastation....it would be tragedy to the hobby and community that it is. So in that DA3 I'm sure no harm no foul was shot your way.

Latest posts

Back