the volvo

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

izzy

bought my wife a volvo xc90 about 2 years ago, she put about 6o,000 miles on the car and she said she heard a howling from the rear end. I took it out for a spin and yep, between 30 and 55 underload it howls. last year I replaced the wheel bearings,both rear $1000. So I took it to my local mech and asked him to see what he thinks. the sensor for the all wheel drive in the rearend is going out. Said to take it to the dealership.:eek: The volvo tech put it on the lift, comes back tells me its the rear wheel bearings and it will be $1000. I said O.K. but if it does not fix it I will not be paying for it and I had just installed news ones a year ago. He goes back out and puts it back on the lift. 30 min later he tells me $5610 to replace said sensor.:eek::eek: turns out the only thing you can replace on this rearend is the bearings and rotors. What were the engineers thinking[S . I know I heard all the crap from my buddies about forign cars. But holly** that is crazy, if my wife did not love this car more than me I would be doing an airbag test with this thing[ddd

It's this kinda crap that makes me not a foreign car of any kind, fan :mad:
I don't care what letter of the alphabet it starts with [ddev

I have a torch and a welder. there isn't anything I cannot replace.

Don't be intimidated by TECH.. Hi-tech.. low-tech all words used by people who do not understand tech so they can differentiate to others the many ways they do not understand.
It's how they appear more intelligent than the people who cannot so eloquently discuss things they know nothing about...
If you follow their tutorial of course you will end up just as incapable as they are.
They are the same people who must keep everything stock because they don't know anything else, or maybe just don't know anything.
All they see is new and old cars and when they look at a hotrod which in design and function exceeds anything off an assembly line... all they see is an old car or often they don't even see a car.

The truth is that what we understand as "revolutionary advances" in the automobile industry are simply new cosmetic designs and configurations of legacy Tech.
What is tech? tech is simply know-how and design.
It isn't some special sauce brought to us by aliens from another galaxie.
If some idiot could design it another idiot sure the hell can hack it.
A rear axle is a simple device... so is a sensor.
If you cannot find parts you can make parts or swap parts from something else as long as you know what the functional requirements are.

One of the problems of being intelligent in a society full of chicklet heads is your lifestyle is for the most part subject to their intelligence. You have to go to them to get what you want or you have to get it yourself.

Often I think most people really arn't so stupid, they just have been trained to be but have not yet had their incredible minds unlocked.

Last edited:
No offense Torchmann, but I couldn't resist...

ClavenCliff.jpg

This is exactly why I always make them throw in an extended warranty when I buy Mrs Tripper a new car!!! :D

BoB

My buddy's wife used to have a Land Rover that was nothing but $$$$ problems but she loved it.

One day he made up a story that his dentist used to have the same model and it spontaneously burst into flames and burned to the ground right there in the driveway due to some electrical problem.

That Rover was gone faster than you can blink and there was a good 'ol Tahoe sitting in the driveway the next week. Well done sir.

Torch man I don't care if we never get to meet, but like it or not but me and you, e are friends.

Ok,back on topic I am sure someone has but just to be sure have the tires acuratly checked for tread depth and broken cords.

I had a Vulva once,early 70's model called her "Sally",drove her hard,she worked ok, didn't much like her fuel injection ,too thristy for my liking. Dumped her after a bit and got a newer domestic model....,love her!

Latest posts

Back