Things that bug me.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pulled a guy over the other day for that..

People that don't pull over and stop for an emergency vehicle.

Bicyclists that ignore all the rules of the road.

People that blame others for their faults.

Most states are now making laws regarding pulling over or passing by a stopped emergency vehicle..... I can tell you that I've nearly been hit several times and while directing traffic on one occasion I had to jump out of the way or I would have been hit.... mailed the guy a citation for disobeying a traffic control device....me!!! LOL

I've also cited bicylists for not obeying stop signs and other offenses.... especially if they decide to argue with me about it.... I let them argue in court..not on the street.....

It's also amazing how many cars you see at night with no headlights on, especially right after dusk. There isn't a time when I am out at night that I don't see at least one car with no lights on. Doesn't it dawn on them that their dashboard gauges are also dark ??:confused:

On another subject, how often do you see police cars doing things that we would be cited for? Like no signals, rolling stop sign and red light stops, etc.

It's taken me several decades but I have reached the point where very little bugs me. Being bugged is being stressed. That contributes to all sorts of physical and emotional ills. I try to avoid places, people and situations where irritations are likely to exist.

Why, it's been years since I reached in a guy's car window and tried to choke him but had to stop and take some nitro to keep from having a heart attack.

Bob, you really nailed it. I always say, someone else can only have control of your peace if you let them, yet so many (most) of us let it happen on a daily basis.
I don't let stupid people stress me much but I still notice them. Like the fat guys that cut out their sweatshirt sleeve holes real big, what's up with that? Do they thing anyone wants to see their wrap around man boobs?

Last edited:
The cop thing got me thinking. one big one for me is a cop car turning on the blue lights, running a stop sign, the turning them off on the other side. This bugged me enough that I used to write down the car numbers and send em in at the end of the month to the local pd. I know nothing was done, but I felt better.

On another subject, how often do you see police cars doing things that we would be cited for? Like no signals, rolling stop sign and red light stops, etc.

you know what bugs me? red lights, stop signs, slow people in front of me. Now I just throw on the blue lights and go around, through the obsticle.....:D

The cop thing got me thinking. one big one for me is a cop car turning on the blue lights, running a stop sign, the turning them off on the other side. This bugged me enough that I used to write down the car numbers and send em in at the end of the month to the local pd. I know nothing was done, but I felt better.
There was a lawyer (former prosecutor) that went to the dark side. His wife was driving down Pacific Coast Hwy in Malibu when a Corvette passed her. She recognized the driver as a CHP officer so she followed him. The officer pulled into his station parking lot and went in. The wife went to the counter and asked for the watch commander. She explained that she followed the officer who was speeding to work, what was he going to do about it. The watch commander called the officer to the front desk and wrote him a ticket with the civilian as the arresting officer.

Ever since Rodney King, my department takes complaints seriously. As a matter of fact, my last complaint was for telling the truth. The W/C wrote the complainant a letter saying I was reprimanded. I asked him why, I didn't do anything wrong. He said it was to make her feel better. I explained that the complaint would be in my personnel file forever. He said, that how it goes............

That W/C got his one day. He was caught shoplifting and ran from the police. My sister-in-law, who worked for that department, caught him and beat him so he looked like Rodney King (LOL).

Most states are now making laws regarding pulling over or passing by a stopped emergency vehicle..... I can tell you that I've nearly been hit several times and while directing traffic on one occasion I had to jump out of the way or I would have been hit.... mailed the guy a citation for disobeying a traffic control device....me!!! LOL

I've also cited bicylists for not obeying stop signs and other offenses.... especially if they decide to argue with me about it.... I let them argue in court..not on the street.....
We use to listen on our scanners for Fire calls. We'd figure out the route the Fire Dept. would take and stake it out for people that refuse to yield. It's always the same excuse, "But officer, there were 2 other cars that didn't stop!". I'd tell them I can only catch one and I caught you! If they fought it in court and they used the same excuse, the Judge would tell them the same thing.

I caught a bicyclist that ran 3 stop signs. He tried to argue so I cited him for each sign. That's 1 point for each cite.

I don't let stupid people stress me much but I still notice them. Like the fat guys that cut out their sweatshirt sleeve holes real big, what's up with that? Do they thing anyone wants to see their wrap around man boobs?[/QUOTE]

I think thats called a "side boob",as peter on Family guy calls it,(my step daughter watches it)

Just last night driving to the shop I was reminded of something else that bugs me.........tailgaters.:mad: I always drive the speed limit, I just do. But sometimes you look in the mirror and there is this car plastered to your rear bumper. A few weeks ago I was on a four lane road, in the slow lane, and this big SUV was inches off of my bumper. She could have passed, but was on her cell phone, so I tapped the brakes and slowed way down. That got her attention, at least I think so, because she gave me a hand salute that I think meant I was number one. :p

Don

There is sometimes a legitimate reason for that...

If you are responding to an alarm or hold up call you really don't want to annouce your arrival.... so you might have to turn on the red and blues to get through an intersection and then cut the lights after going thru.... just something to keep in mind.... and yes..I'm sure that some of those were just to get the crispy creams a bit faster....LOL..

Bicyclists and other such retards on public roads.

I see this occasionally, and just saw one an hour ago.

A handicapped (pardon me, physically challenged) person, was driving his cripple-cart in traffic like he's a car. And acting all belligerent, like he has the right to be there. He was swearing and giving people the middle finger when they toot their horn. Jeez buddy. People are trying to warn you how dangerous this stunt is.

I'm thinking, hmmm, you think you've got problems now, wait 'til you get hit by a truck on that thing.

And bicyclists who ride AT you in traffic instead of riding in the same direction as traffic. I know their logic, they want to be able to see the cars they are meeting, but it makes it so much harder to pass a bike coming at you than one going with the flow.

Don

got a hvac unit installed today, so i have a new gripe.....shoddy workmanship :mad:

the unit needed wired for the t-stat, and we now have wires in the corner of the room on the exterior of the wall running up--not even stapled into the corner mind you--and a hole bored thru the wall and the t-stat on the other side...

my question is why not use the old wires that were in the wall to pull the new wires up to where thewy needed to be?

ugh....

I have a new one, smart@$$ Barbers that insist on using that hand held mirror to show you the bald spot on the back of your head.

Last edited:
Effort.....pride in your work....going the extra mile...

If the old wires were in the wall they would be stapled and wont pull out,but there are ways to fish wires through with a little effort.

giving a darn...work ethics..... How I wish that these were traits were still common in all professions...:(

Here's one for the LEOs here.

If the day ever comes that you need to pull me over for speeding on some lonesum highway PLEASE, Please, please don't ask me if I know why you pulled me over. We BOTH know how fast I was going. ;)

Just a simple, "Dude you F'ed up" will work. :D

Saw a new one today. it was bad. Im house hunting due to the impending divorce. Went and looked at a newer home for sale for 70k. wind had ripped the siding off. nothing under it but studs. you can see all the way through to the insice sheet rock. Cheapness bothers me.

Latest posts

Back