Things that bug me.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dr. Crank, the TV in our living room (that I watch) is a few years old and doesn't have any circuitry to level out the sound if a commercial comes blasting through, but the one Dan has in his room is brand new and I was surprised to see that it does have a feature to keep the sound to a certain preset level, regardless of what the commercials try to do.

I guess the TV makers realize this was a problem, even though the TV stations SWEAR the commercials are not louder than the shows. Yeah, right ! :rolleyes:

Don

I hate cab drivers that don't know where they are going. In England, you are given a moped and a map. Then you are tested before you can get a license. It's bad enough, they don't know where you are going, but they don't speak English either.

As a former cop, I don't understand how people can get a drivers license when the vehicle states, "You must have a working knowledge of English!". On a bad day, I sent someone back to DMV to be retested because they didn't speak English.

I really, really hate the "Geicko" in the GEICO commercials. I once got a quote and its was pretty good but I refused the policy because I HATE the commercials.

I hate Progressive Insurance because in spite of their commercials, it's the most expensive.

I hate cop/court shows because it distorts the laws. I can't tell you how many mistakes are made. Oh, by the way, when COPS filmed at our station, they were always last to show up so we had to stage everything.

In England it's called the 'Knowledge' and to pass the test they have to know every street in the area they wish to get a licence for.
If you've been to England you can understand how difficult this is.

Gassersgarage, I know exactly what you mean about not wanting to use a particular company because of how their commercials grate on you. Last night I stopped at that pizza shop that uses the kid with the wig on to pick up some wings, and I had to bite my tongue to keep from telling them how bad their commercials are. But the wings were actually pretty good. :)

Those TV commercials for "All worked up" and "Operation Repo" make me reach for the remote really fast. I wonder if anyone actually believes those calls the people make aren't scripted ?

Don

Dr. Crank, the TV in our living room (that I watch) is a few years old and doesn't have any circuitry to level out the sound if a commercial comes blasting through, but the one Dan has in his room is brand new and I was surprised to see that it does have a feature to keep the sound to a certain preset level, regardless of what the commercials try to do.
Don

I obviously didn't know that. I'll have to check out my son's new TV.

"My" TV is 4 years old. It has enough plug-ins, settings and compatibilities to launch a satellite, but can't set a constant volume.

As always, I missed the boat. I'll bet the model that replaced mine is the same one my boy has.

Which brings to mind another thing that bugs me,

Shortly after I buy something, it goes on sale. Or worse yet, the bigger, shinier, more expensive model goes on sale for less than I paid for it's little brother.

Ha, ha, my wife's girlfriend is on a dating cite. We checked out the photo and my wife said it was retouched. She called her girlfriend to confirm, it was.

Haha, yeah, the ads on TV for those dating sites show young chicks that are all a 10. The thing is , those chicks DON'T NEED a dating service, they have guys breaking down their door. :D:D

Don

Setting at a cruise in a state with no cell phone use when driving and watch a cop drive by and talking on his cell phone.

I just realized I need a little therapy so.
It's when the year of the cars allowed to show in a "street rod show" are new enough to be seen at the dealers showroom that morning.:confused:[S:cool::mad:
aaaah Much better

It's when the year of the cars allowed to show in a "street rod show" are new enough to be seen at the dealers showroom that morning.:confused:[S:cool::mad:
aaaah Much better

Drives me a little as well. Our oldest club (Since 1962) holds the largest (local) show of the year. When they were new, some clown entered his brand-new Avalanche. Oooooh, that is nice. Nice as the 47 lined up at the dealer's lot. Puke.

aaaah Much better
Our local Friday night cruise use to have a year cut-off. Now new Corvettes, Mustangs, Ferraris, etc........are showing up. I quit taking my car. I take the daily, have dinner with friends, then leave. Guess I'm a rod and custom snob....

I'm sure this has been said already but I ain't about to
go back and read all the posts - - - I HATE any and all
Telemarketers and Junk Mail - - even if they do speak
English - - - THEY BUG HELLOUTA ME !

Latest posts

Back