Things that should never be put on a hot rod.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about ''Things that should never be put on a thread on R.R.R.''! Really can't believe one of the longest threads I've seen on here is this subject! Sounds like some other sights I used to visit. BUILD WHAT YOU LIKE!

1934lowboy, I think all these are mean't to be taken in good humor.:) They are more about what the non-Rat Rod crowd thinks of Rat Rods.:eek:

Well heres my list of "never"s, sorry in advance if i **** anybody off :)
-BILLET
-LEDs
-3rd brakelights(especially if there LEDs)
-neoprene seat covers
-ghetto spinners
-radios, 6disc CD changers, MP3s(not like you can hear em anyways)
-catylitic converters
-FAT CHICKS
-any parts "made in (insert Asian country here)" or "hencho en mexico"
-power steering
-air conditioning
-fiberglass
-plastic
-air ride suspension
-cigarette lighters
-back up lights
-grade 2, or no grade hardware(Don knows what im talkin about)
-fenderless IFS
-carpet

Man, I'm breaking 7-8 rules here then :/ bummer.
Too bad the truck is mine [cl
1) 3rd brake light, since the 2 real ones are too low for that high schooler texting her friends so she can see that I'm actually NOT moving.
2) led's, cause I like em. Though they will be modified to fit old school lenses.
3)radio, cause the 3000 mile round trip next year would be nice to break up the consistent road noise :)
4) power steering, cause its a nice thing to have.
5) air ride, cause I want both look AND function
6) cigarette lighter, to power the gps for the long road ahead.
7) fenderles ifs, I wanted a truck that handles well. Plus, since this is my 1st ever build of anything like this, I wanted something with mostly factory parts for easy repairs.
8) Rubber band tires, cause I wanted to mix new with old, plus a shorter sidewall provides better handling.

But as I see it, my truck is not a Hot Rod and FAR from traditional.
In fact, my state says my truck is a "reconstructed vehicle" so maybe these rules don't apply to me [P

What you see here are individual likes and dislikes. They are not rules.

Just keep on building & enjoy the ride.

sorry got some of the list on mine, BUT its my build- don't care what any one else likes. been to hundreds of car shows and every were you go rodders are saying they like this or this sucks. Who cares I like what I like. By the way so far every thing on mine is pre 60s

ok, here is something that should never be put on a hot rod or a rat.....
RULES:eek::eek::eek:

Hope I didnt just kill the thread...:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back