This one won't be a barn find...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flipper_1938

He recycles the right way
I came to the realization that I will never get around to all of my "projects"

This is the hot rod camaro that donated the engine, trans, and rear end to the 48 chevy flatbed.

All of the customizing was done in the early 90's before I bought a mig (done in fiberglass)

IMG_2690.jpg

IMG_2692.jpg

squared off rocker panels...tastefull "ground effects"

IMG_2689.jpg

IMG_2691.jpg

IMG_2692.jpg

IMG_2694.jpg

IMG_2693.jpg

scoop was functional
IMG_2697.jpg

IMG_2700.jpg

I crushed it for $237.00

Very sad.It was not even rusty:(
Could have got a lot more than that selling body shell as parts car around here.
One day soon all the parts cars will be gone.They only built so many.The end of our hobby is coming fast.:(
I have parts on hand to build one more car and thats it.[;)
I am tired of fighting scrappers for parts.They have already won around here anyway.There are no old cars left to get parts off of.All pre computer rear wheel drive cars and trucks are long gone.

rex

l agree with rex. should have sold the sub-frame and other usable parts to someone.

l know it can be a hassel, but l craigslist a lot of stuff l can't use so someone gets use outta it.

here the stock car guy are paying $5OO-$75O for a shell so they can turn into a circle track race car.

Later :(

Well, it was your car to do what ever you wanted to with..but that thing was way too clean to scrap..I've seen ones here that look alot worse than that sell for $500

Hmm.. Now what am I gunna do with this $240 I got burning a hole in my pocket? But hea I feel ya on not wanting to hassle with craigslist.. Too many tire kickers and flakes.. But on the other hand like all the fellas said.. There someone prayin what you got gets listed..

Looked like a lot of good hard work was put into it tho!!

Gees, That would have gone for big bucks around here as a parts car. Funny what we think is not good, like the weather. Some locations get 6" of snow and people that get it think it's a big deal, some other places get 12" of snow and it's nothing, all of what your used to ,I guess, (rambling on here again,) Still not a bad looking car, different roof! Brian

I just realized I forgot to show the interior. The black and white carried over to the inside .......it was the 90's

IMG_2696.jpg

Those "shark gills" were sought after in the 80's I still have a set in my 69.LOL Funny how fads come and go. Hate to see stuff crushed may be in high demand some day.lol

Attachments

• IMG_2690.jpg
    IMG_2690.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 19
  • hood up shop.jpg
    hood up shop.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 20
Well, it was your car to do what ever you wanted to with

Aint that the truth !!!

A coupla years ago ,over here in australia our scrap prices went threw the roof,some states were paying $500 a tonne
Anything and everything that was lying around, down the scrappie/crushers
Even cars complete and driveable,be lucky to get a coupla hundred at most,on the trailer , gone
I managed to save the odd one here and there, 1 i bought for its scrap value,plus $50 has done me proud as a yard hack for quite a while
Its now on the "what can i do with this"list
It is a crying shame to see this happen,but time is money and the world is full of tyre kickers
On the trailer to the crushers, money in hand, or wait and wait and wait for someone who never turns up ???

Just helps push up prices of parts for the old stuff

I'm by no means a Camaro or even a GM guy, but even I cringe at the thought of that going off to the scrap yard. I know a couple people back in NE TX who would have given body parts to have that thing for parts or a project.

Scrap prices pretty much wiped out all the stuff back in NE TX too. In fact, I had a couple vehicles stolen that were probably victims. Sadly the local LEOs don't seem to put much effort in tracking down the thieves.

wish I would have known. I would have drove down there and gave you $250 for it. It probably would have set in the barn for 5....... 10......... maybe 15 years before I did anything with it but, well, you guys know how that goes.

look at it this way guys... one gave its life to save another! we cant save them all......but if you look inside my barn it looks like i am trying :D

Latest posts

Back