To buy or not to buy that is the question

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sirGarold

Hello All. I am really torn on this. So I need some opinions. I am located near Columbus, Oh. and I have been searching for old tin. I found a 46' Plymouth that is just the shell on wheels. The guy wanted $1500 when it started. I emailed him to get pics. He sent me an email the other day and said he would take $500 for it. Reason is because his lease is up and he has nowhere to store it. It needs to be gone by August 1st he said.

Okay so this is my problem. After seeing pics of this car he sent and on the web. I am not really a big fan of the body style. They are good looking but not my style. I am more a late 20's to early 40's kinda guy. But it's a pretty good deal for some nice vintage tin. I keep flipping back and forth on buying it. [S

So should I buy it? Or if there is anyone that really wants this car let me know I can get you in contact with the owner?

Thanks.

Attachments

• 28408.jpg
    28408.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 71
  • 28409.jpg
    28409.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 66
  • 30168.jpg
    30168.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 65
  • 121343.jpg
    121343.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 69
  • 121358.jpg
    121358.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 60
  • 122042.jpg
    122042.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 62
  • 122715.jpg
    122715.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 61
  • 183653.jpg
    183653.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 66
  • 183708.jpg
    183708.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 64
It looks like a smokin' deal.

However,

My approach is I don't buy any project unless I really want the end product. It takes too much time, money and sweat to build a hot rod..

It looks like a smokin' deal.

However,

My approach is I don't buy any project unless I really want the end product. It takes too much time, money and sweat to build a hot rod..

Got space for him to store it? Charge him to store it on your property, or buy it and sell it as is to someone on this awesome forum!

I don't know why I didn't think of flipping the darn thing. Guess I was to wrapped up in if I wanted to build it or not. I would definitely hate to see this vintage tin with so much potential get chopped up.

it looks like a steal for 500!

if i were closer you wouldnt have to decide.. cause I would have already snagged it ha!

Is the title signed by the registered owner ? If so, it can still be used. Technically it is considered jumping title but if you want to get really legal about it the guy who is now selling it can go down and get it into his name then sell it to you with the new title. You might even offer to pay his title fees because the $ 500 he is asking is a pretty sweet deal as it is.

Don

for petes sake pull the triger, if it was closer I would be all over it, and I am into the older stuff to, 30 Mdel A and 37 Ford panel with a 14ft by 36 ft garage in town and I would find someplace to put it.

PM sent.

Guys, I sincerely hope I can get this car if sirGarold does not choose to.

I have seached a long time for a '46-'48 Plymouth Coupe, but the right car for the right money at the right time has never presented itself. Why do I want one? That was the first car my Mom and Dad owned after they were married here in Dayton in 1957. They had just gotten a one room apartment together and my Dad was looking for work. He needed a car and an older gentleman in the neighborhood said if my Dad would paint his house he could have the old Plymouth sitting next to it. So he did, and that was how they got their first set of wheels. My Dad found work with GM at Delco Moraine soon after, and they drove the car for a couple years until they were established. I would LOVE to have one to rekindle some of those times and put a keeper car from my "bucket list" in the stable. Keep your fingers crossed...

Last edited:
PM sent.

Guys, I sincerely hope I can get this car if sirGarold does not choose to.

I have seached a long time for a '46-'48 Plymouth Coupe, but the right car for the right money at the right time has never presented itself. Why do I want one? That was the first car my Mom and Dad owned after they were married here in Dayton in 1957. They had just gotten a one room apartment together and my Dad was looking for work. He needed a car and an older gentleman in the neighborhood said if my Dad would paint his house he could have the old Plymouth sitting next to it. So he did, and that was how they got their first set of wheels. My Dad found work with GM at Delco Moraine soon after, and they drove the car for a couple years until they were established. I would LOVE to have one to rekindle some of those times and put a keeper car from my "bucket list" in the stable. Keep your fingers crossed...

Replied to your PM BED. I hope you get the car. It deserves a good home. Good Luck.

Latest posts

Back