To buy or not to buy that is the question

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not really my style either but it is a coupe and looks real solid. The tail lights and brake light alone are worth at least a couple hundred. It will need some primer or stored inside until you move it.

Not only is it a coupe it is a Business Coupe with the much better lines than the Club Coupe. Looks pretty solid too.

I would be all over that thing in a heart beat, but then I may be a bit biased.

710849078_wZdyN-S-1.jpg

166780766_X8WTF-S.jpg

It's going right into indoor storage when I get it, but I will probably blow some sealer on it just in case. Leaving at 7am tomorrow to check it out! :D

Just my .02 , If you are buying a vehicle to use as a grocery getter a "good deal" is the way to go. If your buying a vehicle to make it your "sweetheart " , do not buy it because it is a good deal . In order to put the love,sweat and tears into a vehicle it has to be "the one ". You don't get many chances at this , so do it right . I have only owned / built 3 vehicles in my life time ,First one I put over 300,000 miles on it and after selling it tried to buy it back and still have the other two . You gotta love your build or it won't work .

Thanks for the well wishes guys - Looks like they worked!

A short trip north this morning and the deal was done. This old P15 now resides in my garage, and I am still smiling after all these years of wanting one. It is at the back of the line for a while though, so progress may be slow for a while. Right now I'm just happy knowing it's mine and hope my Mom & Dad are smiling down.

The car itself is in pretty good shape. Some typical body repair needed but nothing out of line. The frame stub however is an abortion. It's all coming out. There is a guy not far from here selling a complete stock rolling chassis for a '47, so if we can work out a deal it may get the nod. This is a classic example of why I try to steer inexperienced newbies away from over-ambitious projects with little to no return value.

The other rookie blunder is the paint. The green color on the doghouse is the original paint. The original paint that was on the body was still laying in piles of dust & chips on the garage floor. :mad: He stripped it all off, damaging some trim in the process and putting a hurtin' on this old gal. I could have gut punched him! Ah well. She is in good hands now, and it may not be soon but there is definitely another one saved from certain disaster here. I'm stoked... :D

46plymouth6.jpg

46plymouth5.jpg

please go and start a thread on this so we can follow the progress.

good score B E D

Thank you, but like I said it will be a little while until I get a good start on this one. It's tempting, but I have other projects to finish first before diving in. This one has to be right, and I'll be picky. It's a keeper after all. :)

Fantastic. I was hoping you would get it, especially for the great reason you wanted it.

If you are going to dry store it one thing you might think about is simply going to Home Depot and picking up a gallon of a product that I think is called Etch and prime. It is an Ospho type product, acid based, and what I do is I use a scotchbrite pad to scrub some on the bare metal, then I immediately wipe it dry with a clean cotton rag. It will leave a protective finish on the bare metal and clean up the painted areas too.

I did my 46 a couple of years ago and the metal is still shiny and rustfree. As long as you do not touch it the metal will stay that way for a very long time.

Don

Great score! I love the lines on that car and for $500 it's a rip roarin' deal! Kudo's to sirGarold for posting it here and following through to help you set up the purchase. Good job! [cl

Glad that she has a great home now. She is a keeper. Always happy to help out a fellow car lover and save some vintage tin. Cannot wait til she is back on the road.

Latest posts

Back