today was a good day

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigShem

i thought this was kool.... i was comming back in my big truck today from mill hall pa... i got down into the philadelphia area... when i spotted this jem sitting, first reaction i wonder if they want to sell it, well i had to stop ... i asked this guy that was working in this building if he knew who owned it... he grinned and yelled out pop some one is here to se ya this old fellar come walking out out...he had to be in his 80s if not close to it, any way he tels me he is the second owner of this his dad owned it first.... he had pics of it from back in the day he told me his dad used to run wiskey in it.... so needles to say hey didnt want to sell it, but he gave me a ride in it,, provided i gave him a ride in my bigtruck.... i thought this was fare enough.... me and him went and got a rootbeer... and had loads to talk about.... just made my day... alllthey way around .... life is good....

Attachments

• mfde.jpg
    mfde.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 105
that's a good day, alright.....[cl[dr
now to me, a great day would be the old man giving you the truck:D:D--but seriously ( i'm just messin' w/ya!;) ) that would have made my day, too!

Great day for sure! Big Shem, I would keep going by the truck every now and then and ask,,,,you just never know. ....Unless.........I live in the philadelphia area too you know, and...........:D:D............Just messin with ya!..[cl........CR

What you did was take a piece of history away with you. It was cool that you got to talk to the old guy and learn the reasons he loves it so much.

Great story. :)

Don

We get tired of hearing "not for sale".........but this time it's ok, huh? Very cool!!! That old guy is a car guy.

Shakey

that was a very good day. that old man probably has some interesting stories. when hes gone they are too. And you got the priviledge to tap into some of them. good memories. Who knows you may end up with the truck as wellas the stories.

ya for sure that was a very kool day........ he was telling me a story how his dad was running the police in that truck and his dad made him climb into the back , were his pop had a couple of stumps that they in the back, he threw them out just as the cops were on his tail....... he said he was pretty scarred cause back then they shot first and asked questioned later..... i was in aww just listening to him... the fella is pretty kool... fer sharing with me .. i told him next time i'm down i'll stop in... i think i made his day..... and earthman if i get a load out that way i'll take ya up on that offer....lol [cl[cl

Latest posts

Back