Top chop; It's time.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RUSTY50F1

@$$Fault Junkie
I know there are some the trucks on here that have been chopped. My 50f1 is running now so before I put the front on and the windows in it I want to take 4 or 5 inches off the top and would appreciate some info on how you taped the top off for the chop. I want a mail slot back window and need to know how to go about marking it. I have and have read the Tex Smith top chop book. I marked my top starting at the doors.I measured on the body lines on the doors and marked them so that the top would come down and the lines would match up. But when I tape of to the back to the rear window the 5 inches comes out to low on the window to let the window come down to match up. What am I doing wrong? RUSTY

Hey Rusty ! After you mark the height of chop on the doors and the A pillar then lay out the same on rear window and bring those two lines towards the doors and then up in a single line to meet the two lines that are coming back from the doors.Kinda will look like a double Z (two top horizonal,two bottom horizonals and one vertical cut so that when dropped down it slides by itself)Is this what you are asking? Did I translate that well at all???
This might help!?

Attachments

• truck chop.jpg
    truck chop.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 48
Thanks MR GUSSETT;That's what I did kinda; I'll try to post pics in the morning. I Z-ed the back of the cab so I could get the 5'' out of the center of the back window.

here is a chop we just did on a 49F1

her lid lost 5 3/4" in the back and 6" in the front...:eek:
the A pillars were notched and laid back!!!!!:D

Attachments

• 49 f1 1.jpg
    49 f1 1.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 49 f1 2.jpg
    49 f1 2.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 49 f1.jpg
    49 f1.jpg