Truck Cab ID Question-- Ford or Chevy? Dodge?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YoungBlood

I was looking through the for sale section when I saw RODMAN58's 38 Ford truck for sale, and I noticed a remarkable resemblence to what I thought was my 39 Chevy truck cab.

http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=9932&d=1197756283

The body lines are different, but what set me off to thinking was the firewall on RODMAN's 38 Ford is IDENTICAL to mine (the flat-style that angles down a bit, with battery tray on passenger side). I thought my cab was a Chevy, but I have a 40's Chevy cab at the house too, that has a much different firewall.

Is Ford the only company that makes this firewall? Does Chevy? Does Dodge?

Thanks for your help in advance,
YoungBlood

1939 chevy pu
1292FordHotRod.jpg

1historysideview.jpg

Its looks like an early 40's Mercury truck.Dont know the exact year,But they did have that style belt line.If it is a Merc. Thats a real cool cab to have.Merc trucks were only produced for Canada only.The more I look at it.Now its got to be no earlier than 1939.The head lights were the last year for fender mounting.

Last edited:
Was there a certain Ford year pick up that had similar Chevy lines? Or vise versa?

I'm still trying to figure out why it looks like a 39 Chevy, but has that Ford-style firewall.

Someone please help. Inexperienced hot rodder here.

Oh I see. I thought that pic you posted was of your truck. You posted a pic of RODMAN'S truck. Post a pick of your truck and we'll see what we can do.

Pics of my Cab

Here are some pics of my cab, I appreciate your guy's help with figuring out exactly what this is. I also threw in a pic of the dash in case that helps.

Thanks,
YoungBlood

Attachments

• Cab1.jpg
    Cab1.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Cab2.jpg
    Cab2.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Cab4.jpg
    Cab4.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 22
  • Dash1.jpg
    Dash1.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 15
By God Gastrick, I think you're right. That is it, it has to be. The windshield is correct, and the belt line and doors look exact.

Right on! Thanks Gastrick.
YoungBlood

Latest posts

Back