Tryin to get Classic insurance but im only 20 yrs old

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmcdanl

I am 20 years old trying to get classic insurance on a 27 ford model t roadster. Everywhere i call says you have to be 25. Is there anywhere that doesn't require you to be 25? I can't afford regular insurance.

25 is pretty standard for the insurance industry. High risk and liability statistics are to blame. Sorry to tell you that but it's true. I've never heard of anybody under 25 getting a special deal from any company.

not trying to steal a thread - but where do you guys get your "rat rod" insurance? my reg company doesn't want the business-and when we called one "classic" car insurance company they insulted my wife in saying my truck wasn't really "fixed up"! is there a company that WILL GLADLY AND REASONABLY INSURE A RAT??!!??

well hagerty is the company that insulted us...would be hard for them to get my money...they may be a good company, but i don't think the salesperson my wife talked to "understood" when it came to the red steelies, flat paint and such......

last nite my searching found a few more--trying Grundy now, we'll see how they feel about it......

Yeah i thought so. Sucks. Could my dad insure it on our policy in his name and me be able to drive it if im listed as a driver on that policy.

what insurance do you have? im only 17 so my 66 mustang is under my parents insurance but im still listed as a daily driver and my dad the primary. we have usaa they wont give us full coverage though we didnt want to go hagerty route cause its not that nice so for now usaa will have to do

we are with AIG and they dont offer classic insurance. is your mustang insured with classic car insurance?

The ones that have insurance on your Rat Rods did the insurance company actually see the vehicle or did they just go by a title or bill of sale?

If ya think about it, Rat Rods look like death traps on the outside so it does bring up a point I hadn't thought about.
I mean do you tell them you got a 33 Willy's or do you show them that 33 Rat Rod with the blown HEMI and open headers?

They all pretty much want pix of the ride, and list of all mods and approx. of all costs, cant be a daily driver. I have used a few over the years and like Grundy the best, your car shouldnt be over 200 a yr to insure

unless your under 25 in which case the lowest quote i got was 571 every 6 months. rediculous.

Sneed requires pictures. Had no problems adding the Plymouth for the value I stated. Both vehicles run less than $400 a year.

Latest posts

Back