tunl ram sbc

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chopper tom

Way too young to be a hippy!
any ideas for some thing diferant i can put on my tunnel ramed sbc.
like 1 barles chevy carb[5o 'ish] or mabye 2 2barles or something crazy .
not trying to make big hp just have fun with my rat motor and have some thing differant!

How about this........
CARB_5.jpg
www.hotrodcarbs.com

durn that's cool man!!
I love that ,is it as re worked tunnel ram ?
I have some one barrel carbs laying aroundand i already trial fited one on it and will work,but i wander if the sbc will run right [tried a 50 chevy 1barrel last summer on a 4 barrel intake and it ran real good and hit hard when i opened up the throtle,but couldnt figure out a lencage ]

Hey Tom,
I can't say anything about the 1 bbl carbs, but if you put 2 of them on the tunnel ram intake I think it will give you better bottom end response than 2-4 bbls will. If this is going to be something you take to the strip, the above mentioned won't be a good idea. If this is something that you might drive around town then I think you might be a little surprised.

As far as the linkage goes........It is sortta trickey.

two small four barrels would be cool on a tunnel ram, i guess you could always fabricate your own sheet metal intake and use three four barrels or four four barrells.....do three in a row or four in a diamond pattern. they would have to be supertiny to have any chance of working though. how small of a four barrel can you get? 395cfm?

you could fab your own fuel injection as well, mount a couple throttle body injection units and use megasquirt on it. that might work and would be hella cool.

Hey Tom,
I can't say anything about the 1 bbl carbs, but if you put 2 of them on the tunnel ram intake I think it will give you better bottom end response than 2-4 bbls will. If this is going to be something you take to the strip, the above mentioned won't be a good idea. If this is something that you might drive around town then I think you might be a little surprised.

As far as the linkage goes........It is sortta trickey.

Yea it's bavk ward from 4 barrles,have to come up with some kind of bell crank set up or some thing ?????
Na i'm not try ing to build big hp [i sure cant afford it ] just want some thing differant and fun !
Hea flatebroke whate do you think of the kb sight ? Ive been thinking of joining but i hate smart elics answers to questions .
How long has the RRR forum been around?????And how and who started it????

two small four barrels would be cool on a tunnel ram, i guess you could always fabricate your own sheet metal intake and use three four barrels or four four barrells.....do three in a row or four in a diamond pattern. they would have to be supertiny to have any chance of working though. how small of a four barrel can you get? 395cfm?

you could fab your own fuel injection as well, mount a couple throttle body injection units and use megasquirt on it. that might work and would be hella cool.

2 throttle body's ,food for thought !!!!
Megasquirt???? Whats that????

Bone head ,thats cool man ive seen some like it .even seen a caddilac with a home made steel intake for a 671 detroit blower ,at the drag strip,it ran bad ass till it blowed a head gasket!!!!!it even had a v-belt drive on it,all home made by some good ol boys.

just google it, it's a self contained freeware fuel injection program you can use to run ANY motor. Super cool. You can get the hardware kits unassembled and solder the circuit board your self for less then $175 or a completly assembled unit for about $300. You have to source all the parts yourself but it's way more flexible then any off the shelf stuff you can buy for a couple grand. You create your own maps to run the motor but the great thing is because it's open source you can usually find a base map someone else has already created for the more popular motors. Load it up and tweek it to your specific motor. I did a lot of research on it at one point when i was working on an 86 volvo turbo wagon. Never did get around to doing it though.

what the heck...heres a link :p

http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/megasquirt-complete-c-25.html?osCsid=bcb62b06aac43c1255b79a8d0383d024

Latest posts

Back