Two thumbs up to Toyota...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Motorhead

... for having made the most annoying car on the road, the Prius.

Seriously, am I the only one who is annoyed by these cars? They always drive quite a bit slower than the speed limit. They change lanes at the worst possible times without the use of blinkers. Overall, they always seem to be completely unaware of what's going on around them. I can't count how many times I saw a Prius that nearly caused a wreck.

:mad: LOL

This winter I got behind one on the way home from work. Snowing fairly hard and piling up. Going up a fairly steep grade. It got about half way up and came to a complete stop. I motored around it quite nicely and so did the other half dozen cars behind me.
A friend of mine calls them Toyota Pious. Because thats the attitude of most of the owners.

A friend of mine calls them Toyota Pious. Because thats the attitude of most of the owners.

Now that's funny right there[cl[cl
I was surprised recently to find out you can get a black one :confused::confused: ....wasn't it just a year or so ago that the environmentalists were going on and on about how black cars use so much more energy than lighter colored cars??

My nephew hates those things. He drives a modified late model Ford Power Stroke. He loves to, as he puts it, "Smoke 'em out".

It never fails, every time i'm out cruising in the T-Bucket some jack hole in a Preeass always tries to race me.

My nephew hates those things. He drives a modified late model Ford Power Stroke. He loves to, as he puts it, "Smoke 'em out".

It never fails, every time i'm out cruising in the T-Bucket some jack hole in a Preeass always tries to race me.

The guy is probably just trying to get a better look at your T because he's stuck driving that dam Prius that his wife talked him into buying!

You know what Prius means??

Prius is a Latin word that means before or ahead. My question.... what the heck can a Prius stay ahead of??? [S

they are trained when they buy the stupid things that "optimum mileage occurs at a speed range of 48-52 MPH". so, yes, every morning I curse the 3 - 4 of them that I get behind because they are doing 48 in a posted 55 that everyone else does 65 in! And they look down their snobby noses at you when you pass them! "well, I say Chet, those hoodlums are all bent out of shape. Excuse me for trying to save the planet!" [S

I have a Prius and love it. Zero maintenance and 49 mpg combined. My wife belongs to a Prius board and there are Prius's with 300K, no problem. I was on patrol, sitting behind a Prius. When the light turned green, that little bugger took off. I had to floor the Crown Vic to catch him. Electric cars are all torque and they are either on or off. Instant power.

no arguement with all of that. But the question is do you drive 48-52 MPH everywhere? That is all that people dont like. heck, If I could get 49 MPG with a street rod and still have power I would be all over it! But I wouldnt drive 48-52:D

"well, I say Chet, those hoodlums are all bent out of shape. Excuse me for trying to save the planet!" [S

LOL, true!

The nickel for Prius' battery is mined in Canada. Since you can't process nickel in North America, the ore is shipped to an eastern European country to be processed. The processed nickel is then shipped to Japan to make the battries. At some point in time, the car's life is over and these batteries would have to be recycled/discarded.

As crazy as it sounds, buying a Prius for environmental reasons is a bad idea. Throughout its whole life cycle, from making of the batteries, to shipping parts all over the world, making it, emissions while driving and finally disposing the car, it is more harmful for the environment than a Hummer H1.

LOL, true!

The nickel for Prius' battery is mined in Canada. Since you can't process nickel in North America, the ore is shipped to an eastern European country to be processed. The processed nickel is then shipped to Japan to make the battries. At some point in time, the car's life is over and these batteries would have to be recycled/discarded.

As crazy as it sounds, buying a Prius for environmental reasons is a bad idea. Throughout its whole life cycle, from making of the batteries, to shipping parts all over the world, making it, emissions while driving and finally disposing the car, it is more harmful for the environment than a Hummer H1.

I've read that too. Considering that, Rat rods are some of the most environmentally friendly vehicles on the planet! ;) Recycle, Reuse... :D

The only problem with electric hot rods, is you have to make the motor noises yourself. :( Vroom Vrooom....

Not sure if it's true, but heard..

That a battery unit for them is about $5,000 and only has a 5 year life span....:eek: I'm sure that the mileage is excellant and the vehicle itself is sound but where is the savings if you have to spend this kind of money for a battery when (not if) it goes bad? I'm just not convinced....JMHO... and besides... nearly any car can beat one of our Ford "Police Interceptors" off the line.... hell, I can run faster across an intersection........ LOL :D

That a battery unit for them is about $5,000 and only has a 5 year life span....:eek: I'm sure that the mileage is excellant and the vehicle itself is sound but where is the savings if you have to spend this kind of money for a battery when (not if) it goes bad? I'm just not convinced....JMHO... and besides... nearly any car can beat one of our Ford "Police Interceptors" off the line.... hell, I can run faster across an intersection........ LOL :D

They've also had problems here with the 'Jaws of Life' crews when they get in wrecks. They have a lot of elec running through them that can be very dangerous!!!

BoB

Never considered that.....

They've also had problems here with the 'Jaws of Life' crews when they get in wrecks. They have a lot of elec running through them that can be very dangerous!!!

BoB

Wonder if the Fire Rescue crews are aware of that.... not sure how they get informed about this stuff.... I'm sure that they get bulletins and such, but I'll check with our FD Chief...... Thanks for the info.... like I said, never crossed my mine....my friend said they have to have a cooling system due to the battery heat.... actually have antifreeze or whatever running through the battery pack..... not sure how true that is.....

Latest posts

Back